What's new

Blade Trinity -- 2 Covers? (1 Viewer)

I was looking through the futureshop flyer today and noticed that the coverart for Blade Trinity says Extreme Edition instead of the Unrated Edition cover i've been seeing everywhere.

I'm sure they are identical in content, but was curious as to this possibly being the candian version, and if so why. Do us canadians not like the word unrated or something?

I woudl posta link but i don't have 15 posts yet. Just check out futureshop.ca for a pic if interested.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
One reason could be that the uncut version might actually be rated in Canada. Calling it unrated would then be a misnomer (although this hasn't necessarily stopped studios before (e.g., the R-rated "unrated" extended cut of Bad Santa)).

DJ

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
Great, I prefer the "extreme edition" title.

Unrated edition, it's not really a good way to descibe a version... it's only un-rated... not a big deal! :)

thanks for the pic Tom - helps explain the questions much better.

You can say that again... Do people realize that just about all special features are unrated?

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell

I don't know much about Canadian ratings practices (the CHRVS appears to be voluntary, whereas theatrical rating is compulsory), but it's entirely possible that the distributor voluntarily submitted the extended cut for rating.

DJ

Rolando

Screenwriter
Can anyone confirm the Canadian release is the same as the US?

I know we actually got the comic book inside, big shock from Alliance but is content the same?

Kain_C

Screenwriter

I was under the impression that the 'unrated' label referred to the fact that the theatrical cut was simply extended with deleted scenes and the filmmakers hadn't bothered to submit the longer print to the MPAA for re-rating. I think they try to sucker in the horny crowd especially with unrated versions of "Girl Next Door" under the false hope of nudity etc.

Kain,

I can't tell if you are agreeing with me or not, but that's what i meant. They aren't unrated because they are raunchy, they are unrated because no one has taken time to rate them.

I think i'll be renting this title before purchase though, i've heard some not so great things about the actual movie. On the plus side i've heard the disc itself is great

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks