What's new

Pre-Order Blade Runner 2049 (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Still no release date for this one. If it's worth anything, Walmart's web site indicates a street date of March 30th. With 'Dunkirk' squeaking into the holiday market with a December 19th release, I guess it makes sense that Christmas is probably too quick, and if not for Christmas, then what's the hurry? I hope this means that there won't be a hurry-up bare bones edition, which is always frustrating.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Thanks. "Sully" stands out as the one that bugged me most because almost the entire film was shot on digital IMAX cameras - it really should've been 1.90:1 on BD.

Same for "2049". It's bad enough when movies with any IMAX footage don't open up for those shots, but when virtually the whole movie is filmed that way, it's even more frustrating...
My problem is I mask my screen for scope films, so when the aspect ratio changes it is a problem, I would prefer a constant ratio, not one that changes all the time, just pick one and put it on the disc.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
My problem is I mask my screen for scope films, so when the aspect ratio changes it is a problem, I would prefer a constant ratio, not one that changes all the time, just pick one and put it on the disc.

The good news here is that virtually the entire movie is 1.90:1. In fact, IIRC, ALL of "2049" might be digital IMAX ratio, so if they included that version, you wouldn't have to worry about changing aspect ratios...

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
When I first saw Blade Runner, probably on HBO in 1983, my disappointment was profound. My monkey brain had already been over-stimulated by the banana-chip exploits of Harrison Ford. His star presence in both “Star Wars II” and Raiders elevated my expectations too much. I simply had no patience for BR’s glacial pace.

Only later, with age, did my appreciation for BR grow. Like smoking cigarettes (I don’t smoke) or drinking bitter beer (that I do), it slowly wormed its way past unreasonable expectations and my undeveloped “baby taste” to become a favorite.

I’ll be honest, though. It took Ridley’s “Final Cut” to finally convert me to a pack-a-day fan. I could be burned as a witch for this claim, but the original is just too flawed for my tastes.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Wow! Has anybody else noticed that THE 3D VERSION of Blade Runner 2049 is being offered for pre-order on Amazon.com and .ca!?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched this on UHD disc tonight after holding onto it for many months (I was waiting for a night when I knew nothing was on TV that I cared about since I knew this was a lengthy film.)

Very imaginative and held quite a few surprises, too. Easy to see why Roger Deakins won the cinematography Oscar last year for this. Astonishing looking in UHD and the soundtrack is among the most powerful in my entire collection.

Yes, it's long, and I'm not convinced it couldn't have been cut to give it more pace rather than being SOooo languid. But it weaves a spell, no doubt about it, and I was never uninterested.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks