Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
2757E048-B506-4805-9141-7BAC93912ABB.png
Has the US 3D release been canceled?

My Amazon order has been postponed indefinitely, and the product listing page no longer appears searchable. On Best Buy's website, the product is listed but unavailable to order.
It’s available from BB. Some People have already received theirs. And it’s still available to pre order.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It’s available from BB. Some People have already received theirs. And it’s still available to pre order.

It's not available to order for shipping. I have had nothing but bad experiences relying on Best Buy's website as a determination for what their stores carry. Unfortunately, the website has had so many inaccurate product listings for my local Best Buys that I no longer trust the website as a gauge of what will be available in the store.

I actually had a store manager say this to me once, in response to the product being listed as "IN STOCK" on their website but nowhere to be found in the store. He said, "It is in stock, we're just out of it" He did not seem to comprehend that "in stock" and "we're out of it" are mutually exclusive terms.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It's not available to order for shipping. I have had nothing but bad experiences relying on Best Buy's website as a determination for what their stores carry. Unfortunately, the website has had so many inaccurate product listings for my local Best Buys that I no longer trust the website as a gauge of what will be available in the store.

I actually had a store manager say this to me once, in response to the product being listed as "IN STOCK" on their website but nowhere to be found in the store. He said, "It is in stock, we're just out of it" He did not seem to comprehend that "in stock" and "we're out of it" are mutually exclusive terms.
I hear you.

But people on the other site are posting that they have received theirs.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Glad to hear it's not vaporware then - wonder why Amazon was unable to stock. I guess I'll try to walk to Best Buy on street date, or see if it becomes available for order later on.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Mine still says Jan. 22 to 26th. I’d try calling them. If you can get through the thick accents, I find them generally very approachable.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
What’s to understand? As you said it’s my opinion.

You are absolutely correct and I apologize if I appeared to imply otherwise.

I watched 2049 late night on our bedroom set. I should probably reserve my final judgement until I can have a critical viewing in my theater room.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Question. I hate admitting this. It's been a long time since I've seen the original Blade Runner. Frankly, I remember very little. :( I would like to rent 2049. Does one need to see the original again; first? Or can one kind of connect the dots?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’d watch it again.
I did that before 2049 and think it helped jog my memory.

On the other hand if you didn’t care for the first one you can likely figure it out while watching 2049

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think it works both as a standalone film and a follow-up to the original.

The film has two focuses which start as separate stories and become intertwined by the end: the first focus is on the character played by Ryan Gosling, and his experiences working as a "blade runner" color his personality and his search for meaning and belonging. The second focus is on solving the mystery of what happened to Harrison Ford and Sean Young after they fled at the end of the first movie, an assignment which falls into Gosling's lap.

I think the movie ends up being more involving if you're familiar with the first film but I'm not sure that it's essential either.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'd highly recommend watching the original again merely because it's such a great film. ;) I think that doing so will allow you to better appreciate the artistry on display in BR 2049.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You have to watch the original, otherwise it makes no sense. They are directly interconnected.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Hi Tim

Like Josh said it works both as a stand-alone and follow up. You don’t need to see the first one but it certainly helps.

I actually have always found the first one rather dull while the sequel I think is tremendous. And absolutely stands on its own.

Cheers Tim:)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I need to rewatch 2049. A fellow HTFer was kind enough to grab me a 3D copy from Best Buy when it came out on disc in January, but i had some nasty flu-like illness the day it arrived as wasn’t up to it. As soon as I got better, I had a destination wedding to attend, and when I got back, my projector screen died and it took nearly two months to get the replacement (it had been under warranty so that was free at least). And since then most of my viewing has been for official HTF reviews.

The upside to all of this is that I’m even more excited to see it a second time than I was the first. It’s a great film. And it has a very unique feel to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks