1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Blade (Marvel Cinematic Universe)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Adam Lenhardt, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

Blade_MCU.
    Further confirming that the Marvel Television series (except for "Agent Carter") are not canon in the MCU, Marvel Studios announced today that Mahershala Ali will play the MCU version of Blade.

2. JimmyO

JimmyO Berserker
    Supporter

Jim
    I like Ali a lot.

As a nice bonus, he will probably open his eyes if asked to by the director.

3. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    Great casting choice for Blade!

Though I wouldn’t say that this is any confirmation that the Netflix shows aren’t actually cannon with the MCU. Alfre Woodard already played two different roles in Civil War and Luke Cage. James Rhodes and Bruce Banner have been recast, etc...

The Netflix shows ultimately may not be. Or they may be revealed to be part of a different (parallel) universe in the MCU Multiverse. But I don’t think this is any type of confirmation either way. I know it’s just a voice for Rocket, but I still hope to see Bradley Cooper play another role in thE MCU.

4. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    Obviously, the Netflix shows don't matter to Kevin Feige because he did not produce them. Neither does Agents of SHIELD. Whether they are canon or not doesn't seem to matter that much because they are not affecting what happens in the films in the way that the Disney+ shows will.

5. Hanson

Hanson Producer

Hanson
    It's simply amazing at the caliber of actor the MCU is attracting. 4 Oscars between Portman, Jolie and Ali, and that's just on the Hall H stage . Ali was in Alita and Luke Cage, so he's not averse to genre films. But to call up and say, "I want in, and I want to be Blade" is a testament to the cachet that the MCU has right now.