What's new

Blade II Review up! (1 Viewer)

Chris M

Second Unit
DVD Shrine
Very cool! 5/5 for DTS-ES audio and the video looks great too!
Extras?? WOW! Talk about loaded :)
I so can't wait until Sept 3
Chris.

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
wow, what an extensive review. Now I really cant wait for this movie to arrive!!

ill be picking this on up "sight unseen" for sure. I loved the first so much, and I really dont goto the theater that often anymore, thats why I missed it when it was out.

(although Ill be going to see "Signs", since Im sure the ending will be ruined by the end of its opening weekend, as was The 6th Sense for me.)

Thanks for the link!

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Wow. This set sounds really excellent. DD 5.1 EX. DTS 6.1 ES. 2 commentaries. Isolated Score. A 100 minute interactive doc. Another 50 minute doc. About 30 minutes of deleted scenes with optional commentary. Galleries and Notebooks. Scene deconstructions. VFX deconstructions. And more! Damn it. Another DVD that screams "must-buy!"

greg_t

Screenwriter
I can't wait for this one! I was really suprised at how good this movie was, and it's going to be one great DVD. Thank you New Line!

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
hmmmm i guess new line doesn't have a policy about blade 2 being reviewed over a month before street date. Yet they won't let lotr be reviewed till the day of release ? weird policy

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter

Although this disc looks really great, I highly recommend againt buying this one sight unseen. I LOVED the first Blade and it's probably among my most watched discs, but I loathed Blade II. A lot of people really liked the second one, but it is so completely different than the first in every way (style, atmosphere, direction) that it doesn't even feel like a true sequel. I would definitely give this one a rental first.

Luis A

Second Unit
This is still coming out in August right?
Timothy,
Lasers edge has it listed for release on 8/20.
Aryn,
I believe New Line will have the TTT trailer on the FOTR DVD, and could be the reason why they have decided not to have it viewed till release date. :)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I've heard mixed news on the Release Date of Blade II, I heard it was moved forward to 8/20 then I heard New Line have pushed it back to the original date of 9/3. Is there an Official word on what is happening in terms of Release Date with this title?

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I agree with Matt. I love the first Blade - heck the Club Blood sequence is one of my favourite demos!

Blade 2 suffers from a very poor climax. It has a great build up and then just fizzles out.

Renting this first might not be a bad idea.

Chris M

Second Unit
Everywhere is showing Blade 2 for Sept 3, so I would guess that's the expected release date now.

Chris.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Shaun, there have been many conflicting reports. First it was Sept 3rd, then Aug 30th, then 20th August and now it has been reported that the Original Sept 3rd Release Date will be street date for Blade II. I'm still waiting for solid word on when we can expect it.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!!!!! I love the first and and missed the 2nd one at the theatre. I will buy this one sight unseen!

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
count me in as one of the very few people who thinks the 1st one is miles better than the sequel. as a huge fan of the first BLADE, i was really psyched when the rave reviews started surfacing for the sequel..and was very disappointed when i saw it.

i'll still pick this one up, and hopefully it will grow on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks