Blade DTS R2 on June 19th

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark_Wilson, May 2, 2002.

1. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

2. John O

John O Stunt Coordinator

Cool! [​IMG]
    I guess I will have to save a space on my shelf next to the other Reg 2 DTS releases ( Spy Kids, Shawshank, Mummy Returns, Soldier, Armageddon, Stargate and the bootleg cut of Almost Famous) [​IMG]

3. Brett C

Brett C Second Unit

Hey whats the quality of that Shawshank disc like? And does both cuts of the Japanese Almost Famous DVD have the DTS track???

4. Chad B.

Chad B. Second Unit

Excellent! I was planning on ordering the Japanese dts versions of Shawshank Redemption, Frequency, Cliffhanger, and The Sixth Day. I suppose I'll wait another month and save on shipping. [​IMG]

5. DeanWalsh

DeanWalsh Second Unit

Awesome! As with alot of Japanese releases I hope it's full-bitrate. The R1 Platinum Series disc sounds weak compared to the pcm on the LD (I haven't heard the DTS LD though).

6. Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson Screenwriter

The UK R2 disc of Almost Famous: Bootleg has DTS sound on the bootleg cut as well as the theatrical cut.

Nice!

7. Armand G

Armand G Stunt Coordinator

Hi Dean,

I have the Dolby Digital LD. It sounds excellent, but a friend of mine has the DTS LD which sounds awesome. The DTS LD has a more coherent soundfield and better low level ambiance. I don't think the new DTS dvd can top that but it will be nice if they make it 1536 kbps.

Armand