What's new

Blade 2 (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
DOnt know...but its OAR is 1.85:1

Also, on the second disc there is a typo. On the Bloodpack menu read the first sentence:"This feature will allow you to go DEEPTER into the film"

Deepter?

Otherwise...nothing to complain about, except the center hub used in the case.

As for Nyssa gaining weight. It looked slight, but it might have just been the outfit. Doesnt matter though, she is still drool inducing!

Rob T

Screenwriter
yeah,
I am sure us Canadian's can't wait to pick it up this one north of the border....where the cover will read
" Spectacle du Blade deux"
or whatever the f it will be........up here in Canada.
Damn. I forgot about that crap. Oh well. Hopefully, I'll find some way to get the American version or I'll find a coverscan of the American version.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
I just got Blade II, now im watching my childhood gem, TMNT II. I probably wont be able to watch Blade till the weekend for i have TONS of homework and very little time to do it. I cant watch it tonight cause id wake up the neighborhood. So i gues itll be a while.

l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
very loud good looking bullshit.

smiles. prefer first movie.

IanS

Stunt Coordinator
I just got Blade2 and PulpFiction CE.

Take a close look at the Blade 2 Cover, the Roger Ebert's caption "Pure action Bloody well done" has been taken out and some stupid Canadian reporter's name and comments have been put in instead.

The U.S. cover photo is of higher print quality than the Canadian one, and all the writing one back is easy to read, unlike the microscopic, blurred bilingual text on the Canadian one.

And the best part, no Alliance Communications logo.

I will never, ever buy an Alliance release again and urge fellow Canadians who feel the same way I do to boycott their product.

John_W_Jr

Stunt Coordinator
Just finished watching Blade 2: Great PQ and SQ!
As a movie, well, I went through a bag of popcorn!
I liked it! :b

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I actually greatly enjoyed Blade2. No, it wasn't Citizen Kane, but I liked it as a good compliment to the original, and more to that, I felt it was very true to the comic book versions of Blade and had a very comic book feel to it that I enjoyed.

Also, I will say, the action/effects were good, and Wesley Snipes is damn convincing in his role.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Most people will probably think I am insane for saying this, but Blade II is one of the best films so far this year. It is not Shakespear by any means, but it succeeded in every way it wanted too. The movie was made to kick your ass! It kicked mine a few times over.
I compare it to Aliens really. You have these big bad monsters(Reapers/Xenomorphs) reaking havoc and threatening life as we know it, and cannot be stopped. So, you get the one ass kicking expert(Blade/Ripley) and team them with a group of hardasses(Bloodpack/Colonial Marines) and arm them to the teeth. Every successive action scene tops the previous, the hero winds up getting screwed over close to the end(Blade is betrayed/Carter wants to use Aliens for an Army and betrays everyone). The bad guys die badly(Damoscinos gets his throat ripped out/Carter gets his face eaten by an Alien), then it all comes down to the hero and the queen of the monsters(Nomak/Alien Queen).

Both were nonstop action, barely giving you time to breath, while scaring the shit out of you in the process.

Like I said, I think the film succeeded in feeling like a comic book brought to life and kicking my ass. And that last fight kicks too much ass. I like the way it was described in the commentary, like two bulls charging each other. The fight is not about style, it is just raw hatred. Brutal and bloody!

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I like a kick ass horror movie, especially this time of year when the weather starts changing, and BLADE 2 is a kick ass movie.

Luc

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in as another insane guy who think this is the best fun movie this year thus far. I saw it in theater 3 times. And yes, I have seen AOTC, Scorpion King, Men in Black II, ect...

Of course TTT is going to end up being on top but so far this is it!

Stacey_V

Stunt Coordinator
Forgive me for being a dink Sean, but would you mind using spoiler tags next time? You gave a bit too much away there as far as I'm concerned.

Regards,
Stacey

rodney wiley

Second Unit
Has anyone that ordered from Best Buy received theirs yet? I really hoping to get it either today or tomorrow for a weekend viewing!

Eric_Powers

Auditioning
I just happen to get both Blade and Blade 2 this week, but any who I just watched Blade last night sound was kind of low it seemed in some scenes but over all it was pretty bloody great lol hoping to watch Blade 2 tonight woohoo. Guess I must be into vampires with buying the first and second seasons of Buffy and all hehe.

Michael Silla

Second Unit
I kinda feel like I'm being left out here. When I saw this puppy at the theatres, I just wasn't bowled over. I am sorry Sean, but there is no freaking way this movie is as good as Aliens - No Way :thumbsdown: . Yes the effects are cooler and the sound and picture are reference material for sure. That said, it's story is weak and ugh, I just can even put the two films in the same "mental box."
I am more partial to the first Blade. I will rent this puppy and we'll see if it helps change my opinion. Perhaps I wasn't in the right mood when I saw this in the theatres.
;).
Michael.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
My opinion aligns with yours Michael. I never saw Blade II in its theatrical run. Tuesday night was my first exposure to the film. I thought that it was good eye candy with some well choreographed fight scenes and interesting creature effects, but that's where it left off for me. The film looks and sounds awesome, but it's weighed down by two dimensional characters delivering bad dialogue within a pretty much cliched story. The DVD definitely delivers reference quality audio and video, but the movie just felt vacant. It could have been better and I expected it to be with del Toro in the directors chair. If you want to see what he can do when not being held to a formula by a studio's huge production budget, check out The Devil's Backbone. Quite a nifty little horror film.
I'll watch Blade II again to see if it grows on me though.

Jose Robles

Agent
I got my copy on Thursday and so far I've watched twice. I also saw it in the theatre and was blown away by it. The DVD is definitely reference material. In fact, I think this is the best DVD in my collection in that it makes use of all of the speakers throughout the entire movie. Even the wife made note that it felt like this was the first time she actually heard the rear surrounds that clearly.

Two thumbs up!

Jose

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I didnt say it was as good as Aliens, just that it is very similar and achieves the same effect...to kick your ass. Aliens kicks most movies asses up one side and down the other, and will continue to until the end of time. Aliens seemed to have more of a fear factor going for it.

Blade II is a great movie in my opinion and is an excellent action film considering what has come out in the past few years. Action movies for the most part in the last 5-10 years have been severly lacking the ass-kicking quotient, mainly because they try to appeal to all audiences. The only other action films of the last ten years I can think of kicking serious ass around are Speed, True Lies, Face/Off. There have been many other truly great action films released in the past 5-10 years, but not many reach the quality of the above ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks