Blade 1/2 question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Craig Brandstetter, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Craig Brandstetter

It's been a while since I've watched the original Blade so this might be wrong.

Wasn't Kris Kristofferson killed in the first one? Seems like he killed himself cause he was so messed up that he wasn't gonna live anyway.

I just watched the trailer for the second one and he's in it. I'm sure they will explain it somehow but it doesn't seem right to me. Or maybe I'm not remembering the first one correctly.

Craig

2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    You are right. I'm not sure how they will explain it.

3. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

My understanding is that it simply IS.

"Died? Nope. Move along."

4. Steve Enemark

Steve Enemark Second Unit

Well, the movies do feature vampires. Hello?

5. Scott Calvert

Scott Calvert Supporting Actor

Craig, that sounds more like a whole question to me. Har har [​IMG]

6. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

The camera wasn't actually on Whistler when he supposedly shot himself so I can't say for sure wether or not he did. [​IMG]
    I have read some of the explanation of how he's brought back though and it seems like a good one. [​IMG]

7. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

There is also the possibility of 'flashback' scenes, or the entire film could be a prequel [​IMG]

8. Guy Martin

Guy Martin Second Unit

According to interviews with Kristofferson:

Whistler was "infected" by Frost and thus was not killed by his self-inflicted gunshot wound. The vampires keep him alive, semi-transformed in a vat of blood, and have been working him over for info about Blade. In the opening scene of Blade 2, Blade finds Whistler and injects him with Dr. Jenson's cure. Whistler then rejoins Blade. As a bonus his temporary Vampirism has cured his lung cancer. Incidentally although her cure and better serum are used in Blade 2, Dr. Jenson does not appear onscreen.

- Guy

9. Sam Hatch

Sam Hatch Stunt Coordinator

That makes sense. They mentioned during the 'Blade' commentary that Whistler was going to return right before the end credits. So it seems like they just pushed that bit back into the beginning of the second movie.

10. Craig Brandstetter

It doesn't matter if it's a Vampire movie or not. Hello and thank you very much. It was a question about the original movie and a hope that they didn't ignore what went on in the first one. From the sound of things, they explained it very well. I've seen things like that explained a lot worse just to bring somebody back in the second or 3rd movie.
    Just because a movie is about vampires doesn't mean they can toss out plot and have a bunch of holes in the story. [​IMG]
    -Craig

11. Steve Enemark

Steve Enemark Second Unit

I simply meant that a movie featuring vampires could conceivably have a character infected with vampirism and thus recover from wounds like those that Whistler suffered. I'm not reading the spoilers, so I don't know if this theory is correct.

12. Craig Brandstetter

Oh, sorry. [​IMG] I thought you were saying that because the subject matter was fictional that the plot could have holes. My bad.
    -Craig

13. Chris Lynch

Chris Lynch Stunt Coordinator

14. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    Odd, how to draw the kids, the new movie is PG-13 versus the R rating of B1?
    I cant wait and my kids want to go see it too [​IMG]
    But they are too young to see pt1.

15. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

Todd,
    Blade 2 has been rated R by the MPAA. The offical website and upcomingmovies.com confirm this.
    Jason