What's new

Blackhawk Down Superbit review? (1 Viewer)

Mason Y

Grip
Has there been a review of this title? I've done the searches but I can't seem to find much info. Has anyone compared the Superbit with the original? Thanks!

Greg Black

Second Unit
Holy cow. The picture quality is exactly the same between the SE and the Superbit. Can't say anything for the DTS track (which I'm willing to bet sounds exactly like the DD), but I'm glad I stuck with my 3-disc SE and didn't "upgrade" to the Superbit. I still have the first, single-disc release too.

Jim-M

Second Unit
This review at TotalDvd.net thinks the DTS soundtrack is much better than the Dolby one:

"The grin on my face at this point was not about what was happening on screen, but at the sheer impact this opening was having on me in terms of sound quality. Switching back to chapter one at this point and engaging the Dolby Digital (448kbps) sound mix was disappointing to be honest. The intense feeling built by the DTS (768kbps) track is simply lost on the Dolby version, with the bass line suffering the most. You just don’t have that grin on your face with the Dolby Track."

"...this DTS track just sounds utterly breathtaking."

And this review of the Black Hawk Down Superbit at DVDmg.com thinks there is a significant difference too.

"I always liked the Dolby audio but I thought the DTS thoroughly outclassed it."

If you don't have any version of the movie, the one to get is the Korean R3 Superbit Deluxe. You get the Superbit version plus all the extras of the 3-disc special addition (except for commentaries).

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
I originally had the 3-discer and really enjoyed it. Double-dipped and bought the SB the first week it was out. There is a difference and it is significant.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks