BlackBerry Question

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Steven Simon, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Sep 14, 1998
    Steven Simon

Just picked up a Nextel BlackBerry... Does the 7510 do text messaging with other cell phone providers??? I can't figure out how to send a direct phone # text to another person... I called the store, they say I have to call customer service tomorrow??/

What gives?? This phone must be able to send text messages??
  2. Mike Boniferro

Mike Boniferro Second Unit

Aug 21, 1999
    I'm not sure about that model in particular, but if you put a contact into your address book (including mobile #) and then you go to your address book and select them, there should by a series of options that come up including 'Email ?????, PIN ??????, Call ???????, VIEW, etc' and one of those options should be 'SMS ??????' where SMS is text message.
  3. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

May 6, 1999

Is there a way to differentiate alerts for e-mail messages and voicemail messages? Many times a call will go to voicemail and I'd like an audible beep to notify/remind me of it, yet I don't want to have the thing beeping every time I get an email.

There doesn't seem to be a way to do this. There is something called a "Level 1" message, with its own alert settings, but I don't know if you can set voicemails to be Level 1.

Any help would be appreciated. So far I am impressed with the BB -- this is the first thing I've noticed that wasn't thought out as much as I think it could have been (unless, of course, I'm just not seeing the answer!).