What's new

"Blackadder - Back and Forth" aspect ratio? (1 Viewer)

Anders Englund

Second Unit
Been browsing the BA bos set, and I noticed that the aspect on Back and Forth was 1.33:1. Fair enough, this is a TV series. But the behind-the-scenes footage contain widescreen material and IMDB lists the aspect as 2.20:1.
Does anyone have any more info on this? Would be just like WB to crop it....
--Anders
------------------
http://www.dvd1138.com/
Ob me Deus cavet
Link Removed

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
When I watched Blackadder: Back and Forth on my PBS affiliate in March, it was presented in a letterboxed format. I don't remember the aspect ratio, but I think 2.20:1 might be right. The special was made for an IMAX-like presentation at the Millennium Dome, so it was made for widescreen. The Region 2 disk was 16x9 enhanced according to The R2 Project. http://www.r2-dvd.org/article.jsp?se...articleId=2683

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Would be just like WB to crop it....
WB only distributes IMAX titles. IMAX movies are filmed in 1.37:1 anyways. I guess you can't blame WB this time.
biggrin.gif

------------------
P.S.: There's no P.S.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Yes the R1 is cropped to full frame. Back and Forth was shot Super 35 for, as mentioned above, a brief theatrical exhibition in the doomed Millenium Dome exhibit here in the UK.
Not sure why the R1 didnt retain the OAR. The BBC put out the R1 yet theyhad next to nothing to do with its making, in fact they've still yet to be given the rights to show it on BBC television channels here in England.
Dan (UK)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Yeah, pretty sure it is VCI. The R2 will be anamorphic, with DD 5.1 and DTS apparently. I didn't really like Back & Forth, so have no wish to own any version, but the R2 will also have some making of stuff on it too I hear.
Dan (UK)

Anders Englund

Second Unit
Figures... Guess I'll have to get the R2 also...
--Anders
------------------
http://www.dvd1138.com/
Ob me Deus cavet
Link Removed

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just out of curiousity.....What is that Millenium Dome being used for now? I read somewhere that it was supposed to be temporary. Is that true?
------------------

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Edwin,
It sits empty. Utter waste of time, space and money which is costing a small fortune to keep closed.
Dan (UK)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dan
Thanks for the reply. I heard that the building cost a phenomenal amount of money. It reminds me a lot of the Montreal Olympics stadium debacle here in Canada way back in the seventies. It seems like the English taxpayer got a little back and forth from their own government...if you know what I mean.
wink.gif
Hopefully, no one thinks this is too political, it is not meant to be.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks