Black Widow (2021)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
They realized the seriousness of the situation, and acted accordingly.
I agree with your sentiment, but what is bizarre is their insistence that Soul is staying as a theatrical release on November 20. The seriousness of the situation also applies to Pixar movies. Not sure what's going on with that. We'll see.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I have to wonder, though, if a six-month delay will do the trick.

If Dr. Fauci is correct in his assertion that it could be a year from now before theaters are safe again, pushing it to May won't make a difference.

Baby steps?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I have to wonder, though, if a six-month delay will do the trick.

If Dr. Fauci is correct in his assertion that it could be a year from now before theaters are safe again, pushing it to May won't make a difference.

Baby steps?
It's not like they can't move the release date once more.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
There are probably other factors at play that make it necessary from a business perspective to give it a date, even if it’s not guaranteed to hold. If they concede that they don’t think they can release anything for more than a year from now, their stock price could take a bigger hit. By putting a spring date out there, investors are more likely to reward them for their positive outlook and potential recovery.

Reactions: Jake Lipson

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yes, this is not surprising at all. I excepted it to be moved, and it didn’t seem like moving to February would be a good idea. Pushing everything back an entire year aligns more with the reality of the year+ of pandemic setbacks.

Sure, depending on how soon vaccines are available to the general population and how that all unfolds it’s possible they may need to consider another delay. But May is still a realistic goal.

But it’s too bad that this could mean not getting Falcon and the Winter Soldier until next Summer (if the speculation is true that something/someone from BW factors into the series).

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
But it’s too bad that this could mean not getting Falcon and the Winter Soldier until next Summer (if the speculation is true that something/someone from BW factors into the series).
I haven't heard that. But my guess is Disney+ will want that as soon as they can get it. Feige is smart enough to rearrange things so that it could come out first if that's what they want to do.

This morning's release date shuffles include Shang-Chi jumping before The Eternals in the release order, so they are certainly adaptable. Also, Doctor Strange 2 was supposed to come out before Thor 4, but those switched places. WandaVision was going to be after F&WS, but its is now going first. They'll make adjustments if need be.

Both F&WS and Loki have resumed production, so it's possible they could put Loki first if they have something tied to Black Widow in F&WS that is so essential in F&WS that it can't be changed.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NC_Mike