Black.White.

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Diallo B, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Diallo B

Diallo B Screenwriter

black.white.
    -airs 10 pm on Tuesdays starting 2/8/2006 for the next six weeks.

Two families - one white and one black - come together under one roof in Los Angeles as they prepare to go out in the world as the other race. The Wurgels (Bruno, Carmen, and daughter Rose) are a white liberal family from California, and the Sparks (Brian, Renee, and son Nick) are a middle class black family from Georgia.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/orig...hite/main.html

anybody watch?

any comments?

2. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Bleah, defeats the purpose.

--
    H

3. Ken Chui

Ken Chui Supporting Actor

I caught a portion while channel surfing (recorded the last 1/2 hour on my DVR). Nothing particularly eye-opening as personal revelations go (from either group), and I don't think that this show (from what I've seen) has the ability to elevate the discussion on the subject to truly affect our beliefs and prejudices.

4. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

From what I saw, they're not as liberal as they like to think [​IMG]

It's an interesting idea but it came across to me as a typical reality show in which the producers force closed-minded people they know won't get along to live together for awhile.

"Watch the sparks fly! Oooh!"

5. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Where's Eddie Murphy when we need him?!?!?!

6. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

I saw it and the setup was pretty weak. The white family they picked is a joke. The wife actually said something like "Do you speak jive?" or words to that effect. Maybe she just watched "Airplane!" the night before, but that had to be a setup or something.

And Frankly, when they made up the white father, he looks more Indian or Arab than black...

Also, they act like it's a hidden camera or something following them around, but in most cases it's clearly not. When the guy went for the bartending interview, there was no way that was a hidden cam, or when he went to buy shoes at the golf shop. So maybe this "excellent service" that he's getting is because there's a guy blatantly recording their every move, and no one's going to act like a jerk on purpose. It just makes me wonder how people are reacting to them, especially when it could just be the cameraman that's obviously changing the situation.

7. Diallo B

Diallo B Screenwriter