What's new

"Black Vinyl" CDs from FIM (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I posted a thread in the Receivers/Amps/Separates section with a link to photos from the just-finished 2005 Hong Kong High-End Audio Visual Show. The last bit of news from that show was the introduction of "Black Vinyl CD" from First Impression Music (FIM). While there has been many "Mini LP" CD reissues from Japan, these "Black Vinyl CD" are different in that the data side of the CD is black as well....just like a vinyl record. All of the major music companies in Hong Kong, from HK Universal to HK Sony, have reissued their old titles on these "Black Vinyl CD" and FIM is now jumping on the bandwagon. Below is a link to an English description and several photos of these CDs....

http://www.avbuzz.com/audio-video/200508/v-cd/index.htm

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Well I'm glad somebody seems to are about music a little more than the United "Lets listen to MP3s" States. I've seen these before for CD-R's. I think they're pretty cool.

Justin_P

Stunt Coordinator
Very interesting. I always thought that the black CDs used by the Sony Playstation (and later available as CD-Rs) looked cool, and that the Vinyl CD-Rs looked cool. Might as well stick 'em together!

I wonder how the sound quality and durability are on these: my black CD-Rs were not durable at all. One extremely minor scuff or scratch (these were car use only burns of my regular CDs) and they would never play again.

Otherwise, VERY cool.

Justin

Robin_B

Stunt Coordinator
The recently released Cameo Parkway boxset uses black Cd's. Very cool looking they are too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks