Black Spy or White Spy?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Kalzer, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Mark Kalzer

Mark Kalzer Second Unit

You know, in MAD Magazine, in those SPY vs. SPY comics! I personally have always had a soft spot for Black SPY. I'm not sure why, but I have to admit I'm pretty much a Black SPY fan! The great thing about these SPY vs. SPY comics is that they are so unpredictable. Unlike Itchy And Scratchy, either SPY could be the one to be blown into a millions pieces! I personally always feel sad whenever Black SPY is the victim, but cheer when that evil White SPY attains victory! Who's your favorite?

2. Ashley Seymour

Ashley Seymour Supporting Actor

Back in the day B and W seemed a good metaphore depicting the struggle between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. Neither side could afford to win and neither side could afford to to loose. A standoff existed in the spy game with minor victories and losses being the tally of a cold conflict.

MAD had a rather good parody and it showed that B and W could be easily interchangeable.

Now it seems we have a gray spy. One who would destroy both B and W and more directly the whole structure of the county that B and W served.

B or W? I guess whatever side of the bed I got out of that a.m.

3. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

4. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

The White Spy, White = Good.[​IMG]

5. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

I recall the Spy vs. Spy game that was out for the Commodore 64 - one of the first multiplayer games I think. I'd call a friend and connect with our 300 baud modems...dropping hot oil on each other and hitting each other with spring loaded pies...ah, good old days...[​IMG]

6. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

I'm so glad somebody brought this up! Your question about Spy vs. Spy reminded me of an article I read a while back.
    More than a mere article, it's an actual script review of the long-discussed, now long-dead, Spy vs. Spy movie!
    Take a look!
    http://www.badmovieplanet.com/unknow...ws/rev312.html

7. Scott_G

Scott_G Second Unit

Alfred E. Newman would vote for the White Spy [​IMG]

8. Kevin_Hassan

Kevin_Hassan Agent

The black spy....cause he keeps coming back.