What's new

Black spots on my Toshiba 50H82 (1 Viewer)

GregoryG

Auditioning
I have owned my Toshiba 50H82 for about a month and just yesterday while having the TV on and walking out of the room for a minute, I noticed two black spots about a half inch across on my screen when I got back. One was at the very bottom left and the other was about 1/6 of the way up the screen on the right side. After looking at them in detail, they look like little spots where the pixels are "dead." About an hour after I first noticed them, the one on the very bottom disappeared but the one on the right side is still there. Does anybody know what this could be? Could it be the TV still "breaking in" or do you think I could have a problem with the projectors? I have not checked it today so I will know if it's still there once I get home from work. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

GregoryG

Auditioning
When I got home the spot jumped to another location on the screen and then disappeared a few minutes later. I think it's some kind of dust or lint behind the screen. Has anyone else run into something similar?

GregoryG

Auditioning
The spots are now gone and I have determined them to be a moth that somehow got behind my protective screen cover. If this should happen again, I will remove the screen cover and remove the insect.

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
I have had insects in my RPTV's, and that is what they look like. By the time I removed the screen the bug was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks