Black Scorpion...Anyone Have This?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Randy Gray, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Randy Gray

Randy Gray Stunt Coordinator

Just wondering if anyone has this box set. I saw it today at Best Buy and was debating on getting it but I've never seen it. The girl on the cover is hot though! Know anything about this show?

- Randy

2. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

The series followed a pair of Roger Corman produced Made for Cable movies (BLACK SCORPION and BLACK SCORPION 2) which were campy and fun.

The series is more of the same, but the title role is played by another actress. There is lots of stock footage from Roger Corman productions in these episodes which were produced on a very low budget.

Adam (Batman) West appears in a few of them.

There is also a DVD called STING OF THE BLACK SCORPION on the market. This is a "movie" compiled of footage from some of the TV episodes.

3. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

I never really cared for the series, I watched a couple of eps but it was too camp.
    It does have it's fans though!

4. Peter McM

Peter McM Supporting Actor

Peter
    I snatched it up. This show was my favorite guilty pleasure of 2001![​IMG] Although, it does tend to make my wife leave the room...[​IMG]

5. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    I just saw this set at DDD while looking for something good to order. They have it for $35.90. I don't think I will get it in this order... but it does sound like something I may like for a future purchase.