What's new

Black or Silver? (1 Viewer)

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
How about a combination of both? Mark Levinson's amps are silver with black fins or pass labs titanium look with black fins

yeah i picked silver for my cinenova grande...it sticks out like a sore thumb but it's beautiful!

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
i gots one word....

champagne

actually, i think i prefer black...

do people actually think the anthem is a nice looking piece?

i find that hard to believe, especially in black with that ugly green screen....

the nicest looking pre pro, imo, are the TG's by sunfire...

the rsp-1066 is kind of sharp...

the old parasound was hideous...actually, with the exception of the halo line, parasound is pretty ugly...

the adcom looks, well, i dont know, kind of toyish...for some reason it reminds me of the handheld video games made by mattel when i was a kid...of course the new ones look better...

the naim av2 is pretty damn ugly...

outlaw, oooph

the lexicon/jbl is not bad...

the krell is better...

the fosgate is kind of ugly, never seen one in RL though...

the proceeds are ugly...

but who cares, you pay for the sound...

Rich

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
funny thing, taste. for Asian markets, they've been making everything in silver and gold (champagne) forever, whereas we never seem to get anything in black!

case in point: my Sony Wega telly is silver, Marantz receiver is champagne as is the Pioneer DVD player, the Sony VCR is silver, in the bedroom is another Sony Wega, silver Philips DVD player, only the Denon integrated amp is black and that's because my wife bought it in the UK when she was a student there. in both instances though our speakers are black.

if anything I think the wife would've preferred black electronics, as it would go with her zen furniture look better :D

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
My Sony 333ES CD player..black

Sony 9000ES DVD player.. black

Rotel 1095 and 1090 amps..black

Loewe HD TV..silver

Aragon Stage One Preamp/Processor..silver

It's all good!

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Darrel, what I think is "all good" is that you name is McBane (though not McBain, the real Springfieldian hero). I guess that if one of your kids every decides to buy a fake ID, he can put the name as Rainier Wolfcastle, cause it would have a hint of truth.
"Ah, My eyes, the goggles do nothing!"

Rick_FL

Stunt Coordinator
black for sure. Silver is to distracting, and when you have all black pieces and one silver it sticks out like an eyesore.

Ralph P.

Stunt Coordinator
Greetings,

All of my components are black except for my recently acquired B&K Reference 50 which I asked for in silver. The unit is beautiful and the contrast is nice as it stands out.

Rick_FL

Stunt Coordinator
I have black vcr, black tv, black cd changer, black receiver, black speakers, black subwoofer, dark grey cable box, had a silver dvd player, absolutely hated it, returned it for a black dvd player(upgraded model as well)

I try my best to keep a little continuity with my componenets. no silver for me

Mike Koch

Grip
I chose black so the Anthem disappears when watching a movie. Just matched it with the Adcom 7807 which is also black, although it has a stainless band across the front.

BobK

Grip
I agree with Rick_FL - - Black. In the early 70's I had a brushed aluminum Marantz 1060 integrated amp - was cool at the time. Back then you listened to records - some of you remember those big black discs (sometimes even other colors - even with pictures on them!) so other than listening to music you looked at the components. Now with Home Theater, if your components are near the screen, black is the best choice - you want to watch the movie, not be distracted by looking at the components;)

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
I brought home an RP82 DVD player. Only choice is silver, and it looked great in the store. However after 2 days in my rack, I took it back. The silver just stood out like a sore thumb. I was looking at the Krell Showcase combo the other day, and the silver made it look cheap.

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Russ:

I brought home an RP82 DVD player. Only choice is silver, and it looked great in the store. However after 2 days in my rack, I took it back. The silver just stood out like a sore thumb.
Same scenario here with the RP-82. Yuk as the one silver component looks out of place. However, it's still there. I thought about spray painting it black. :D

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
I ended up with the CP 72 changer in black and like it even better. You can leave one slot blank for rentals, and put 4 DVDA's in the other four slots. Cool. That's all the DVDA's I can afford anyway at $25.00 a pop. :)

Lee-M

Stunt Coordinator
Black for exposed HT gear; black, silver, or brushed grayaluminum for hidden HT or two-channel audio.

Just my HO...

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
All my stuff is black,HK520,JVC CD changer,Dish Box....except...my JVC 502 DVD player.At first it bugged me,didnt match:D .but its has a very slim profile,so it doesnt ""stick out" all that bad.Its livable.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks