What's new

Black 'N Blue (the 80's rock group) reissues (1 Viewer)

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure if anyone else here is aware, but the 80's hard rock group Black 'N Blue just had their four, long unavailable, studio albums reissued on CD (of course, in 'remastered' form as well). I picked them up over the weekend and gave them a listen. IMHO, these are very good in terms of sound quality, although I will still be hanging on to my original Japanese releases since they have less compression and better quality artwork (the artwork on these looks like somewhat poor color photocopies of the original artwork). On the plus side, these new CD's have very informative liner notes, including excerpts of interviews with the band members and even extremely recent news (2003) regarding the band.

The new reissues should provide fans of this band a fairly inexpensive way to get their recordings easily, in contrast to the now very expensive prices of the original CD releases on E-bay. As when the original releases first came out, I wouldn't wait very long to pick these up, if you're interested, because I'm unsure how many will get produced before they disappear again altogether or get extremely difficult to find for reasonable prices.

In related news, these guys have reformed and are working on a new album. The original lineup is back, with the exception of Tommy Thayer who still has ongoing commitments with Kiss. Hopefully, they can recapture some of the magic of old!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks