What's new

Black Lightning-Season 3 (The CW) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The preview for next week's episode makes it clear that, while it is not officially a part of the crossover, it is heavily tied into the events of "Crisis on Infinite Earths":

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Yes, that preview as seen on Monday night show direct impact of Crisis on Black Lightning. It may show why/how he appears in some of the crossover episodes.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
So is anybody watching Season 3?
I am. It tends to be the last show I watch on Mondays, though, so afterward I don't have any oomph left to discuss it.

It seems like "Crisis" will have a pretty big impact on the back half of the season. Is the ASA even going to exist on whatever Earth comes out the other side?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I am. It tends to be the last show I watch on Mondays, though, so afterward I don't have any oomph left to discuss it.

It seems like "Crisis" will have a pretty big impact on the back half of the season. Is the ASA even going to exist on whatever Earth comes out the other side?
I think the main impact of Crisis on it will be the insights into the ASA that Jennifer had from seeing her Earth-1 and Earth-2 counterparts.

I've no idea how things will come back together when Crisis is resolved. The Black Lightning show may still be on its (currently) unidentified Earth. As opposed to the comics which had announced that everything would resolve into one Earth, we don't have such a mandate here.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The midseason premiere confirmed that Jefferson and Jennifer are the only two who remember the original Earth-1 chronology.

However, other than Freeland being on the same Earth as the Vancouver-shot shows now, there weren't any major changes revealed yet like there were on "Batwoman" and "Supergirl".

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
However, other than Freeland being on the same Earth as the Vancouver-shot shows now, there weren't any major changes revealed yet like there were on "Batwoman" and "Supergirl".
At least not yet. I wonder if there will be some subtle changes reflecting that other heroes exist.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The rescue mission in Markovia definitely delivered the goods in last Monday's episode.

It would be fun to see some more connections between "Black Lightning" and the other Arrowverse shows now that they take place on the same Earth. Given that this show shoots in Atlanta and the other shows shoot in Vancouver, crossing over series regulars feels tricky. But you could have some of the recurring characters make the leap: Have Agent O'Dell pop up on "Batwoman" since he lives in Gotham, for instance. Or have Erika help out Team Flash.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It was a good finale, I thought. The whole ASA storyline has been pretty much wrapped up, and the surviving pod kids have been stabilized. I did wonder why a congressional hearing about Freeland was being held in Gotham City, though I appreciate the effort to acknowledge that all of these shows are set on the same Earth now. And nice to see Black Lightning creators Tony Isabella and Trevor Von Eden cameo as congressmen.

I like that they don't drag this show out to 22 episodes, and instead tell a tighter 16-episode season that is further divided into four "books".

The show continues to have the best music of any CW show.

Wayne Brady was a good antagonist for this final arc. You understood his motivation, even if you didn't agree with his methods. I liked his final scene at the end, seeing that Black Lightning's way of doing things might actually have a chance to work.

I wonder if the three recurring pod kids (Erica, T.C., Brandon) will be back next season, or if they'll be shipped off to that boarding school that was talked about at the hearing.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It was a good finale, I thought. The whole ASA storyline has been pretty much wrapped up, and the surviving pod kids have been stabilized. I did wonder why a congressional hearing about Freeland was being held in Gotham City, though I appreciate the effort to acknowledge that all of these shows are set on the same Earth now. And nice to see Black Lightning creators Tony Isabella and Trevor Von Eden cameo as congressmen.
Yes, very good. Tony and Trevor were originally going to be senators, but they changed them to judges. Tony had a Q&A in his Black Lightning FB group right after it aired on the East coast. He will be writing in his blog about his thoughts on the episode "and my experiences on the set. There were lots of things in the script and that I saw filmed that didn't make it to the final cut."

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I enjoyed the beginning of the series that was grounded in a 'real' city. I guess that's been over and done with for some time now.

There must have been a lot of three-year contracts.
Pretty much every supporting character from the beginning and through out the series was killed.
Made for a very depressing episode.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
New "Real Heroes Wear Masks" Poster for the Arrowverse shows.

1596534734938.png

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
DC FanDome Black Lightning panel has been announce August 22.
Black Lightning
10:45AM (Encores at 4:15PM, 7:15AM)
WatchVerse – Monarch
Join Black Lightning stars Cress Williams, China Anne McClain, Nafessa Williams, Christine Adams, Marvin “Krondon” Jones III, Jordan Calloway and James Remar with actor/filmmaker Robert Townsend moderating as they pay homage to the ’90s. Whether it was hit television shows like Living Single and Family Matters, films such as Boomerang, House Party and Blade, the Chicago Bulls domination of the NBA, or rap artists breaking ground — the ’90s were lit! (35 min)

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I think both news items are related - Black Lightning ending and Painkiller spinoff starting up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoarnold
Recent bookmarks