Black Isle no more

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Simon_Lepine, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Simon_Lepine

Simon_Lepine Supporting Actor

Apparently Black Isle (and Fallout 3) got axed by Interplay. What a shame, Fallout and Planescape are 2 of my top 5 games ever. I hope the someone will pick up this franchise sopmewhere:

Interplay Closes Black Isle Studios Project
    Various Internet postings from Black Isle Studios employees have indicated that the company’s Fallout 3 (aka Van Buren) PC project has been cancelled by publisher Interplay, with all team members being made redundant.

Although the makers of such hardcore PC RPG classics as Fallout, Planescape: Torment and Icewind Dale have seen a steady brain drain away from the company in recent years the primary reason for the company’s demise is the various financial woes that have hit its parent company Interplay.

Legal wrangles with both Dungeons & Dragons owners Wizards of the Coast and distributor Vivendi Universal Games have lead the publisher to concentrate all future work on console led titles, essentially closing the studio.

2. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Damn.

I really should try Planescape: Torment. Oddly enough, a friend from Montreal loves the same games as much as you do. [​IMG]