What's new

Black Hawk Down trailer (1 Viewer)

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
Here is the direct download link to the QT trailer.
It really looks promising.
------------------
-Dominik Dröscher ICQ: 25318265
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes."
[Edited last by Dominik Dröscher on October 03, 2001 at 01:14 PM]

Sandra

Agent
Your link doesn't work
frown.gif
I was annoyed to spend 1 hour waiting for the trailer to Download on the website, then find I could not save it!
Do they really think I'm goingt to do that every time I want to show it to friends!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Sandra: The link does work, however a rather annoying UBB inserts spaces into the address... just delete spaces from the address and hit enter and it should work.
EDIT: If you use IE, there will be a %20 instead of a space. It's towards the end of the url. As for the trailer itself, AICN had a shitty quality version a while back. I thought it looked promising then, but after 9/11, the timing may just be right to make it a classic. Why Jerry Bruckheimer makes me nervious, I'm confident that Ridley Scott is strong enough to maintain the integrity of the events it's based upon. I'm really surprised this movie hasn't been pulled. The very subject matter doesn't seem to jive with America's new patriotic spirit.
------------------
My DVD Collection
My Preorders
My Wishlist
[Edited last by Adam Lenhardt on October 03, 2001 at 04:46 PM]

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
ooh. looks exciting. another one that i would like to someday add to my collection.
------------------
--------------------------------------------------
Somebody has to pay for retail businesses to let us walk in and audition high quality equipment side by side with our own dvd's and movies. I don't mind paying a premium to support this kind of service and convenience, I wish others would consider this when buying discounted b-stock merchandise from shady internet dealers.
JKB

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
I read the book last year and was blown away by the detail and horror it presented. The tagline of the trailer is true. Not a lot of people remember the events (I for one did not know, but I was 14 when it happened).
There is a reason why the trailer is available from today on. Exactly 8 years ago Black Hawk(s) were downed and a bunch of soldiers had to fight for their lives against a whole city.
------------------
-Dominik Dröscher ICQ: 25318265
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes."

wally

Second Unit
I'll go for the Hans Zimmer score alone. Although the rest of the film looks great. Looks like Ridley scores again.
Usually if you have QuickTime Pro ($29.99)you have the ability to save content, but not this time. You might check out your Temp folder to see if it's in there.
------------------

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
ARHH! I can't watch it from work! I just picked up the book yesterday, I totally forgot they were even making a movie out it until now. Wasn't there talk of a lot of people being pissed about who was going to direct or something? I have the book sitting right next to me...gonna pick it up as soon as I am done here.
[edit] Ahh..i see from IMDB that Bruckheiner/West are producing. That must have been the hoopla.
Holy crap! I did not even realize that it was 8 years to the day it happened that i picked this up. How wierd is that.
[Edited last by SteveMc on October 04, 2001 at 01:13 AM]

Sandra

Agent
Excellent, it now works and I can save it with Getright
icon14.gif

That the characters are British and not americans may have a lot to do with the fact it's still on shedule.
New Ridley Scott
biggrin.gif
, I can't wait..

Hubert

Second Unit
If you want to save it, before downloading it, clear out your Temporary Internet files in Windows Explorer. Then left click on the movie to download. When it completes downloading, go back into Windows/Temproray Internet Files in Windows Explorer and it will be there saved. Put it where you want to save it. Just drag it or send it somewhere.

DanR

Supporting Actor
I agree that this looks like it has potential. The book is supposed to be amazing, as I have talked extensively with a few people who have read it.
Is there a set release date yet?
Regards,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks