What's new

Black Hawk Down: Superbit.....Due June 15th (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Black Hawk Down will be released June 15th in the form of a singel disc Superbit, with Anamorphic 2.40:1 Video and Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1. No extras.

Thankfully I already own the Korean R3 4-Disc set which has the Superbit on one disc, the 2 discs of supplements from the 3-disc set, and the 4th disc is the soundtrack. Not to mention better packaging and cover art than the single disc and 3-disc sets. And it plays in R1 players. I would strongly recommned picking this up if you do not wish to part with your 3-disc set, or if you have been holding off on all of these sets for this title to be a Superbit over here. It is well worth the money. Plus, the Superbit quality will certainly be the same over there as it is here.

koreandvds.com and other sites are still selling it too. for pretty good prices as well.

http://www.koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=10652

http://www.dvdasian.com/cgi-bin/dvdasian/16043.html

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...ection-videos/

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
In the 3-disc set, is disc 1 only the feature?

The other 2 discs are just supplementary content?

If so, I'll pick up both and switch discs w/ the Superbit.

dannyB

Stunt Coordinator
I wish that DVD enthusiasts could band together and let the studio know this kind of re-releasing is ridiculous. Don't double-dip! Everytime you do so you encourage Columbia (and the rest) to continue this bad practice. :thumbsdown:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Which 3-disc set? The R1 or the R3 Korean? In the R1 version, the first disc contains some really good commentaries. They get dropped for higher AV bandwidth on the Korean version.

I own both sets, and there's no way in hell I'll be buying the R1 Superbit.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I agree. I did trade my R1 3-disc set and bought the Korean set. I wish I had kept the R1 set since the commentaries were excellent, but I can live without them since the rest of the features were included with the Korean 4-disc set.

david*mt

Second Unit
Coming from the studio that recently released ANOTHER version of the Animal, this is not a suprise. There will almost definetly be a Superbit of Underworld in the future which would mark the third release of that film as well. My advice is to just stick with the Deluxe Edition. The extras are overwhelming and the A/V is excellent.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Since I've been waiting for this release, I'll get the Superbit. I knew it was coming. It was a matter of time.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
The original single disc release should have been the Superbit edition. I already own both of the R1 releases but I will probably end up buying the Superbit as well.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Considering that the existing 3-disc R1 version is excellent, with two discs of superb features, there's no reason to buy this.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
The Video and Audio would have to be completely stellar for me to double dip on this one.

Im also getting tired of it - I probally gave my brother 12 DVDs this year after buying new versions of older DVDs and I know for a fact Im rebuying quite a few more (The Good,The Bad...,Heat,Enter..Dragon,etc).

Im learning though - I refuse to buy Kill Bill until we get a complete 2 volume DVD

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
According to DVDFile, this will be spread across 2 discs. Granted it is 2 and a half hours, but is it even warranted? Can anyone confirm this?

david*mt

Second Unit

I find that hard to believe as the Patriot was 2 hours and 45 minutes and it is on one disc. I also believe that the current R3 Superbit of BHD is on one disc as well.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

That is interesting. I wonder if it's really true. I'm not a technical expert of DVDs, but since there is so much 'action' and movement taking place in the movie, aren't more bits/space required to make it look optimal? In addition to a DTS track, maybe it would be a good idea to have the movie on two discs for optimal video quality.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I have the R3 Superbit Deluxe and its on one disc. It doesn't hurt the quality at all, and I see this as reference quality on all levels. You would be hard pressed to find a better sounding DTS tracks anywhere, and the video transfer handles the difficult visuals and cinematography flawlessly. If you want the best version of BHD, pick thsi one up. You get the Superbit quality on one disc, plus all the extras minus the commentaries on the other 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks