What's new

Pre-Order Black Hawk Down (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
91AsrnF1FAL._SX522_.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm becoming very choosy as to which movie titles I'm upgrading from Blu-ray to 4K/UHD. I have no problem upgrading this fine movie. I'm really looking forward to watching this in 4K/UHD with hopefully a Dolby Atmos soundtrack.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
BLACK HAWK DOWN

Debuts on 4K Ultra HD™ May 7

Directed by Ridley Scott & Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer,

Starring Josh Hartnett, Ewan McGregor, Eric Bana & Many More

CULVER CITY, Calif. (February 22, 2019) – Josh Hartnett (Pearl Harbor), Ewan McGregor (Star Wars franchise) and Eric Bana (Star Trek) star in BLACK HAWK DOWN, the acclaimed and gripping war epic from Director Ridley Scott, debuting on 4K Ultra HD™ May 7 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. The film will also be available digitally in 4K day and date with the physical release on participating platforms. Based on a true story and nominated for four Academy Awards®, winning two,* the film follows the 160 elite U.S. soldiers dropped into Somalia on a mission to capture two top lieutenants of a renegade warlord, but instead find themselves in a desperate battle with a large force of heavily-armed Somalis. The release includes the Theatrical and Extended versions on the 4K Ultra HD disc with both versions newly remastered in 4K from the original camera negative and featuring High Dynamic Range. This new 4K HDR transfer was approved by Ridley Scott. Both versions also include an all-new immersive Dolby Atmos audio mix, along with the original 5.1 audio.

In addition to the Theatrical and Extended versions of the film, BLACK HAWK DOWN includes hours of archival special features making their return, including deleted & alternate scenes, documentaries and much more delving into the creation of this modern classic.

Synopsis:

From acclaimed director Ridley Scott (The Martian) and renowned producer Jerry Bruckheimer (Pearl Harbor) comes the gripping true story about bravery, camaraderie and the complex reality of war.
BLACK HAWK DOWN stars an exceptional cast including Josh Hartnett, Ewan McGregor and Eric Bana. In 1993, an elite group of American Rangers and Delta Force soldiers are sent to Somalia on a critical mission to capture a violent warlord whose corrupt regime has led to the starvation of hundreds of thousands of Somalis. When the mission goes quickly and terribly wrong, the men find themselves outnumbered and literally fighting for their lives.

Bonus Materials Include:

§ 4K ULTRA HD:

• Both Theatrical and Extended Versions of the Film
  • High Dynamic Range, Dolby Atmos and original 5.1 audio on both versions
§ BLU-RAY:

• Theatrical Version of the Film
  • Audio Commentary by Director / Producer Ridley Scott & Producer Jerry Bruckheimer
  • Audio Commentary by Author Mark Bowden & Screenwriter Ken Nolan
  • Audio Commentary by Task Force Ranger Veterans
  • “The Essence of Combat: Making Black Hawk Down” Documentary
  • The History Channel® Presents: “The True Story of Black Hawk Down”
  • PBS Presents: “Frontline: Ambush in Mogadishu”
  • 8 Deleted & Alternate Scenes with Optional Commentary
  • “Designing Mogadishu” Featurette
  • Production Design Archive
  • Storyboards with Optional Commentary
  • Ridleygrams with Optional Commentary
  • Target Building Insertion: Multi-Angle Sequence with Optional Commentary
  • Q&A Forums: BAFTA. Motion Picture Editor’s Guild & American Cinematheque
  • Jerry Bruckheimer’s BHD Photo Album
  • Title Design Explorations with Optional Commentary
  • “Gortoz A Ran – J’Attends” Music Video performed by Denez Prigent & Lisa Gerrard
  • Photo Galleries
  • Theatrical Poster Concepts
  • Trailer & TV Spots

BLACK HAWK DOWN has a run time of approximately 144 minutes and is rated R for intense, realistic, graphic war violence, and for language.

Academy Award® and Oscar® are the registered trademarks and service markets of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Awesome looks like they are including all the extras from the 3 disc DVD deluxe edition.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
My copy arrived today. The press release above doesn't mention but this is actually a 3 disc release: 4k disc, 1080p disc & bonus disc(Blu-ray). 1st thing I checked was the 1080p disc. So with that being said lets start with the bad, the 1080p disc is the same as the previous Blu-ray. The good is that the 4k PQ is a huge improvement over that disc. I was hoping I could toss the 1080p disc in the garbage but Sony didn't port over the 3 commentaries to the 4k disc or the “The Essence of Combat: Making Black Hawk Down” Documentary to the bonus feature disc. Also if anyone is wondering the original 5.1 audio the press release mentions on the 4k disc is in DTS-HD MA.

DSCN2184.JPG

YANG

Screenwriter
I'm becoming very choosy as to which movie titles I'm upgrading from Blu-ray to 4K/UHD. I have no problem upgrading this fine movie. I'm really looking forward to watching this in 4K/UHD with hopefully a Dolby Atmos soundtrack.
Till today, I'm still rewatching BHD in DVD where it comes in 3disc set as well as the later extended cut. Didn't upgrade to FHD BD then because I want the "final edition" of the movie I want to keep in my library...

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
My copy arrived today. The press release above doesn't mention but this is actually a 3 disc release: 4k disc, 1080p disc & bonus disc(Blu-ray). 1st thing I checked was the 1080p disc. So with that being said lets start with the bad, the 1080p disc is the same as the previous Blu-ray. The good is that the 4k PQ is a huge improvement over that disc. I was hoping I could toss the 1080p disc in the garbage but Sony didn't port over the 3 commentaries to the 4k disc or the “The Essence of Combat: Making Black Hawk Down” Documentary to the bonus feature disc. Also if anyone is wondering the original 5.1 audio the press release mentions on the 4k disc is in DTS-HD MA.

View attachment 58149

Misc data is generally not included on 4k discs, as available real estate is used for image.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Seems to just be a Sony thing. I know the past three Sony catalog releases I have bought Cliffhanger, Karate Kid & BHD have omitted the commentary track(s) from the 4k disc. WB(Superman, Matrix series), Fox(Alien) Universal(Apollo13, Fast & Furious series) & Lionsgate(John Wick) for the most part don't seem to have an issue porting over commentary tracks to the 4k disc. I don't believe the amount of space 3 audio commentaries would take up would have had a perceivable difference in image quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks