What's new

Black Friday week 2014 (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
Thanks for posting this! With the promo code for 15% off and free shipping over $30, I was able to get Arrow: The Complete Second Season and The 100: The Complete First Season on Blu-Ray for a combined total price of $28.67 USD.I'd pretty much given up hope on either title having a good Black Friday sale, so I'm a really happy camper now.
I was really happy to see it to. After last years $9.99 seasons I got through Walmart I kept waiting and waiting and ......... nobody was doing any season
sets
I loaded up on a bunch at BBY this week and another 7 or 8 seasons at DD -- Arrow, Revolution, Vampire Diaries, Supernatural ++

The 100 I thinking about a second order since I forgot to put The Following Season in the 1st cart. Maybe The Originals as well

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Thanks David. I'm actually going to town to fill a lot of holes in my collection at DD right now. Six different titles for $84 and free shipping. Not a bad way to start things off. :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
David Norman said:
I was really happy to see it to. After last years $9.99 seasons I got through Walmart I kept waiting and waiting and ......... nobody was doing any season
sets
Walmart is offering a bunch of DVD season sets (more than 89 titles according to their BF ad) for $9.96. Not sure if any are available on blu-ray.

Attachments

• walmart bf tv.JPG
    walmart bf tv.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 39

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This has really been one of the weakest black friday sales I've ever seen in a season. Absolutely no one in our area is having discounts that I consider significant in any real way on almost anything. No real blowouts or doorbusting items I've received so far from anywhere

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Cameron Yee said:
30% off (up to $10) on a printed book at Amazon with code HOLIDAY30.
Thanks, Cameron! :thumbsup:

mattCR said:
This has really been one of the weakest black friday sales I've ever seen in a season. Absolutely no one in our area is having discounts that I consider significant in any real way on almost anything. No real blowouts or doorbusting items I've received so far from anywhere
+1 Very underwhelming.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I ended up ordering Mad Men season 7 part 1 BD ($10) and Gravity BD ($4) plus tax from target.com because my nearby Target closed up, and I'm not venturing 10 miles to get to the next Target near me.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hank_P said:
The HH Gregg deal on the 60" tv is the 5600 series, NOT the 6650 series. I was out there last night talking with them. So this is not the "smart", mid-level plasma from LG, it's the entry level.
Fry's will also have this entry level 5600 series for sale at 5pm EST today at the doorbuster prices of $399 (provided you have the promo code from their website/email sent to you), otherwise it's $499 without the promo code.

I know that Microcenter has the LG 60PB6650 smart model (mid-level, non-3D) for $599, unfortunately, they don't offer any type of delivery option, and I don't have a truck. Grr....

I don't want to be stranded with a TV with just 1 HDMI input (it'd be a pain if that input died on you later), so the 6650 model with 3 HDMI inputs was a more desirable model for me at this time.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Malcolm R said:
Walmart is offering a bunch of DVD season sets (more than 89 titles according to their BF ad) for $9.96. Not sure if any are available on blu-ray.
Nope I didn't see a Bluray deal at all in store or online at Walmart this year; There was speculation that last year all those great TV sets were
supposed to be DVD only since the DVD and BD were the same price. I'm guessing they fixed it this year.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Patrick Sun said:
Oh yeah, this year's BF offerings have been really underwhelming.
Amazon's has been weak. BBY has had some good deals -- not spectucular but quite solid, Walmart limited bluray but OK prices on a lot of things, Target about
4 good deals with the Lego 3D set for $9 being their claim to fame.

FoxConnect much weaker than last year, but their 50% Flash sale and all those sale last year have just about cleaned out my
wish list.

Deep Discount has had a couple very nice deals.

BN Criterion Sale isn't really a BF sale, though the extra 30% coupon and 50% Sale makes it feel special anyway.
Tati boxset and Blank boxset for less the $40ea and I'm happy particularly since I'm playing with the BN Rebate cards from my Credit
Cards so about $300 worth of Criterions for $0 OOP plus I have 2 or 3 of those $10 Promotional cards .

COUPONS.com has several $5 Manufacturer Coupons for sale items so several of these BD are less than $5
Blurays
Mr Peabody and Sherman -- net $5 at Walmart
The Other Woman -- $4.96 AC Walmart
The Fault in Our Stars -- $8 AC at Target (I think the DVD would be $4)
XMen Days of Futue Passed --
Let's Be Cops -- I think it's less than $10 somewhere

$3 MQ for A Most Wanted Man - ?? any deals

Oh yeah, a walkthough at Walmart this afternoon and as usual, many of their items in the regular
movie section are ringing up at tonight doorbuster prices. It seems to be somewhat variable depending on
where you are, but it might be worth it to avoid the crazy time

The unexpected deal is Desp Me 2 Bluray combo is ringing up 3.96 instead of 9.96
IF you get the one with the extra sticker over the UPC (ends in 223884).

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Collecovision Flashback is at Amazon for $29.99

But the Intellivision one is $48 (yikes)

And I agree with everyone else, the Bluray sales are very weak.

I only bought three so far.

Good Will Hunting 15th anniv BD $3.99
Princess Bride 25th anniv BD $3.99
I Frankenstein 3D BD $8

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It's weird...the sales this year aren't what they have been in the past, but I've found more than enough to pick up at comfortable price points.

I picked up a number of HBO sets at BB on Sunday at $14.99/$16.99 (7 titles for $121 with tax). Using the DD code posted earlier, another six titles there ($81) and seven more when I walked in BB tonight ($61). Four more are on my list from Amazon starting tomorrow night (I may punt on one of them).

On the non-movie side, I scored a new jacket, two new cold weather vests and a new backpack.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
David Norman said:
Oh yeah, a walkthough at Walmart this afternoon and as usual, many of their items in the regular
movie section are ringing up at tonight doorbuster prices. It seems to be somewhat variable depending on
where you are, but it might be worth it to avoid the crazy time
I didn't try it early, but that's what I did to find a few titles that I thought were on sale, but I could not find in the promo displays (like Maleficent, Transformers 4, How to Train Your Dragon 2).

I still found plenty, but I thought the quantities of discs at Walmart this year were significantly less than past years. Seems like in the past, I searched through a dozen or more displays. This year, there were only about 6 to 8. They also used to be separated by price point so you would sort of know in which displays to look for which titles based on the flyer. This year they seemed to be all jumbled up.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Mike Frezon said:
Jason:

I think we're gonna need to have an intervention! :laugh:
Without a doubt, Mike. :cool: The cashier at BB started talking about this being the best time to get movies cuz of the prices. I told him I could most likely sell the close to 1,000 I have on the shelf now and pay off my mortgage. He had a goof laugh at that...then looked at me strangely, as if to say "Are you $*#^ serious??"

:blink:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks