What's new

Black Friday Shopping: What'd you do today? (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Like a bunch of vultures. Hee!

I scored an early b-day gift card of $70. Woo hoot! So off to WM Saturday. I bought all 3 Lord of the Rings EEs for $20 each. Inner Space for $5.50 and K-Pak for $1.88 on Saturday at WM. I'm not sure if K-Pak is good for repeat viewings but it's worth the money to find out. I love Inner Space and glad to finally have it.

There were a bunch I wanted to sort thru and consider but I had family with me telling me to hurry up. I hate that! Shindler's List was in the cheap stack for $3.44. Too bad it was the FS. I wanted Robocop but forgot to get one. I guess those will move to the 2/$11 bin. Fine with me.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
We noticed that too. My dad was worried about an Ace Hardware that just opened up close to him because there was nobody in there Saturday night.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Why the hell did they do a foolscreen "Schindler's List"?? They should have colorized it while they were at it!

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Amazon was selling Xbox-360 systems for $100. They will continue to have a super-sale every Thursday until Christmas... (and you get to vote on which product gets the best price).

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
She's hopeless. :frowning: Her grandparents just bought a new PC with a widescreen LCD. Maybe that'll help. Black bars now appear on the sides of the FS crap. ;)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Maybe if it was an appealing decorative frame they wouldn't complain. Hee!

When my neice watches WS movies on my PC she'll use DirectDVD's zoom feature. :rolleyes

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
You're not going to like this Radioman 970, but LAST YEAR Target had all three of the LOTR Movies for five bucks apiece, along with the Harry Potter Movies and the Jurrassic Park Movies! :D This year wasn't as big, but for me that's "Par for the Course". When you're Hot you're Hot! When you're not you're Not!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I still laugh at the phrase "muffin tops" to describe those women/girls who are overweight and wear midriff-revealing shirts.

Ha! I saw one of them the other day at a restaurant- I guess they are in denial, or thinking that showing their skin is sexy, even though it looks like a tire.

It was especially disgusting while she was sitting down.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
One year later, what's your Black Friday plans? I'm in Memphis TN this year, so it's a different shopping location for the third year running. My wife has our itinerary optimized; nothing really huge this year so we'll get there at opening time, but not earlier.

I'm hoping for modest buys this year: Orange Box at Best Buy, some sheets at Target, and an external hard drive at Circuit City.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Once again, I will do the same as always and avoid all the madness. Good luck to all those who will go out and spend the money, I plan on staying home and sleeping in.

That's the good thing about growing up in a big family.. no one buys gifts after everyone is grown up, too many siblings and nieces/nephews, so we just get together, eat and go home.

My kids will get Wii points, which I could buy the night before Christmas, and they will love just as much.

mylan

Screenwriter

Good night Patrick, you are going to need to get to bed now! ;) I saw several people lining up at Best Buy today on my way to my folks house, about noon, my wife informed me they started last night for the doorbuster specials tommorrow at 5:00 AM. It rained about an inch overnight, just torrents and tonight its getting into the 30's with wind. I really feel sorry for those idiots. Me, I am sleeping in and hitting BB later for a Motorola bluetooth headset, half off, no doorbuster, no camping out, price good for two days. If they run out, thats ok too.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'm working. :frowning: Later today I'll be cleaning my house in prep for family company this weekend. I'm having Thanksgiving tomorrow instead so there's some cooking to do too. Oh, shopping? I might shoot up to Wally World for a quick visit DVD hunting. I got some deals my last visit so I'm not worried about not finding anything.

I missed Regulus' comment last year. I have all the lotr tc and ee but I still only have the first 3 Potters. Damnit, I'm mad! :angry: :D

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I married a girl in October who works for a large store. So instead of getting up early, I'll wait until sometime next week, take the morning off, and use my new discount card for 30% off. :)

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Slept in. :)

But now on my way to Home Depot for some supplies for yard work my wife has planned.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Michael B. From one American....

Thank you for your service!

For B.F....sat this one out. Depending on how the following 3 days go..you may see MUCH deeper discounts before Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks