What's new

Black Friday Sales Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Again, we'll find out in Thursday's ads.

Later...it's been confirmed as showing up for that price in the Best Buy flyer today.

>>Has anyone ever bought something in advance at Best Buy knowing it was going to be on sale Friday and then go in on Friday to have the price adjusted?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
microcenmter 9.99 is for first 25 people and only 1 per person.
Argh, no deals on the Two Towers 5-disc set?!
i was just in FYE and they had all dvd box sets on sale including TT box. IT was 49.99

mark alan

Supporting Actor
Has anyone ever bought something in advance at Best Buy knowing it was going to be on sale Friday and then go in on Friday to have the price adjusted
I tried that with the gamecube at walmart. They have a special package for friday, with its own sku. It goes out 6 am, and they will not price adjust game cubes bought beforehand.

Lousy, stinkin SOBs:angry:

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Mark,

I feel the same way.

I bought a video game once. Only two days after I bought it, the price went down $15 at the same store. They refused to give me the difference. They also refused to return it due to it being open.

Kind of a scam not to price guarantee something that was bought at the same exact store only two days earlier IMO.

The customer sevice lady (and how lovely she was) was 350 pounds of rageful fury. No need for video games. This women would have made an excellent boss on a super mario bros. game. She could throw cash registers from the sky and shot poison french fries from her back. I have never seen anything like it. You would have thought I stole her hotdog supply from the back supply room.

I personally find price matches and price guarantees to be a pain in the arse. Stores seem to look for any reason not to match when the ad says they will.

Target recently has stopped all price matches period and they used to be decent about it.

What I think will probably happen in the next few years is that most stores will probably decide not to price match at all anymore. Sucks.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Ok guys , i have found out from the official circuit city ad for black friday that the christmas vacation 2 for 20 is indeed the brand new special edition !The bad news is christmas story is the old version. Also im tempted to get that canon camcorder advertised for 199.99.Then ill make a stop at 7 am to radio shack for the cyberhome dvd player sale.Then at nightime ill go to wal mart , if im not worn out, lol !Happy Thanksgiving everyone !:) :) :)

Randall Z

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know if you can PriceMatch Black Friday deals?
I worked at Toys R Us a few years ago, and on black friday, we always price matched. People would come in with ads from Kay Bee, Walmart, and KMart, knowing that they could get everything they wanted (it might actually be in stock) at TRU for the low prices that other stores advertises. The managers didn't want to hold up the lines which were already ridiculously long to call these places, so we honored them on the spot. I would imagine that this is still the case.

I don't understand why a store would want to ruin someone's Christmas shopping experience and risk alienating customers.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Thanks for posting that Wal-Mart link for the GameCube, Chris. I'm seriously considering making the purchase. Awesome that they made that deal available online, too.

The only other thing that looks like an absolute must is The Simpsons season 1 for $11.99 -- I'm still in awe of that deal. Glad I put off buying it. Combine that with DDD's 20% Off coupon and I can get the first two seasons of The Simpsons for $41 combined.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone have any insight into whether the 5 for 25 deal at Best Buy must be purchased as a 5 set, or can you buy 2 or 3?

If the expectation is that you have to buy all 5, what would anyone suggest beyond SPACEBALLS and (wish it were anamorphic) Young Frankenstein?

Clint B

Second Unit
Are any of these deals good online? I'm without a car right now, but that Simpsons S1 price at Best Buy is awesome.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
If the expectation is that you have to buy all 5, what would anyone suggest beyond SPACEBALLS and (wish it were anamorphic) Young Frankenstein?
Say Anything is a great Cameron Crowe film with plenty of special features. This is going to be the definitive version of the DVD. Well worth $15+ dollars, let alone $5.

Galen_V

Second Unit
The Best Buy ad says there are a minimum 25 of The Simpsons S1 sets in stock, so I would get there early if you want that deal. It also says there is a widescreen version is available, but I am sure it is a typo.

Patrick-I would also add to the main list that Best Buy is advertising "25% off any regularly priced family dvd", excluding any Disney titles. The ones they have pictured are Harry Potter, Shrek and Ice Age. I don't know how they classify a family movie, but it will probably be advertised on a shelf or something.

Lastly, BB is also selling a "Fellowes 150-DVD Wooden Storage Unit" for $9.99, after a $20 dollar instant rebate. It retails for $39.99 usually, so that may say something about the quality, but it looks somewhat decent in the ad.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
The Best Buy ad says there are a minimum 25 of The Simpsons S1 sets in stock, so I would get there early if you want that deal.
My Best Buy opens at 10:00 am (seems kind of late, doesn't it?). Do you suppose BB stores are opening earlier tomorrow?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks