1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Black Friday Deals

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Kevin Collins, Nov 21, 2017.

1. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Screenwriter

Bryan
    I had a slightly different issue or two ...

It would take a long time to get the item to be in the cart and then in one case it put two in my cart.

When I tried to log-in it accepted my log-in but when I went to check out it had me logged out. Then it gave me the "Tax servers down" error.

Finally I went to log in again and my cart still had two items in it, when I had 4. Finallly I just started over again an only had two items in each cart ...

I received a confirmation that I HAD actually been able to purchase Blade Runner 4kUHD (with another bluray) this morning... The first order was an instantaneous email confirmation. This was about 12:30 am MST (to 1:00am MST)

Malcolm R likes this.
  2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I was finally able to get my blu's into my cart, but then i had similar issues with checkout. Everytime I would login to my account, when I went to my cart, then checkout, it had logged me out. After attempting to login multiple times, and still having no success with a signed-in checkout, I finally did a guest checkout. I had to re-enter all my shipping and payment info, but I seem to have finalized the order for about a dozen movies I wanted (received order confirmation by email).

Seems like a crappy setup for a major retailer having a major BF promotion. Not sure what the issues were behind the scenes, but I think it all worked out. It just took me until 3am EST to finish.

3. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

Malcolm, I've read a number of posts elsewhere from people who experienced the exact same issue.

If you're a My Best Buy member, you can log into your account and there's a "Report Missing Points" option. You can use this feature to get credit for the purchases you had to make as a guest.

Malcolm R likes this.
  4. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Thanks. I'd noticed that link last night in the help section, but it was so late I didn't bother then. I'll probably login again sometime and see if I can get the points.

Adam Lenhardt likes this.
  5. sleroi

sleroi Second Unit

Gavin Kopp
    If there's a Nebraska Furniture Mart near you, they're advertising that they have 75 copies each of Wonder Woman and Spiderman Homecoming in UHD for $7.99.

6. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    The 8qt Instant Pot is an Amazon Deal of the Day for $82. I think it was $139 last week.

Sam Posten likes this.
  7. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    If you order $50 worth of products on TwilightTimeMovies.com on Friday November 24th between receiving this email and midnight (Pacific Time), you can use the below coupon for a one time $5 shipping discount.

Coupon Code: J6BA153NG4ZG

Additionally, any customer who orders two or more UHD titles will receive $10 off, while anyone with three or more UHD titles will receive a $15 discount.

B-ROLL likes this.
  8. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Screenwriter

Bryan
    Instant Pot, I'm not sure that's legal to sell ;) !

Johnny Angell likes this.
  9. David_Jr

David_Jr Supporting Actor

Dave
    Best Buy was pretty much a bust for me this year. Most of the titles I was interested in were either sold out or in store only. Nearest store is 50 miles not worth the drive. Oh well maybe next year.