Black Friday CD sale at Circuit City! Should be pretty good!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KeithH, Nov 28, 2002.

1. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

If you didn't see the flier, Circuit City will have all CDs regularly priced from $10.99 to $13.99 for just $9.99 each all day tomorrow (Black Friday). According to the flier, doors open at 7 a.m. I just might head over there that early to try to beat the crowd. Who's with me? [​IMG]

2. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

Good luck![​IMG]

3. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    I'll be there early, but I don't know that I'll find much. I haven't purchased more than a couple of discs the last few times they've run this sale.
    If only SACDs fell into that $10.99 - $13.99 "regularly priced" range... [​IMG]

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

David, I'm going there with some specific discs in mind that I know they stock. Hopefully they will not have sold out before I get there! Just bear in mind that this sale applies to all CDs in the store regularly priced between $10.99 and $13.99.
    You said:

5. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

Scored 10 discs. I think the register person forgot to ring up one disc. I just looked at my receipt and there were only 9 listed. Oh well.

I was hoping that the new Dylan set would still be onsale for at least $14.99 or $15.99 but it was around $21 so I skipped it.

6. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Greg, I picked up eight CDs at $9.99 each. The great thing is that the single-disc Stones remasters, which include stereo SACD layers, are included in the sale. They are regularly $13.99. So, I picked up Metamorphosis, Let it Bleed, Flowers, and Beggars Banquet for $9.99 each! [​IMG]

7. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

Yeah, I took a peek at the Stones remasters but I guess I already have the ones I want. [​IMG]
    There were a ton of other CDs that were priced between $17.99 and $20.99 that I would have picked up for $9.99 but I suppose that goes without saying.

8. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Greg, it would have been nice had there been a similar sale applied to two-disc sets, but beggars (banquet) can't be choosers. [​IMG]

9. Paul O

Paul O Stunt Coordinator

I picked up Beggars Banquet and Let it Bleed - funny, they don't say SACD on them but i believe the new Abko Remasters are all SACD..i got Between the Buttons from Amazon a month or so ago (now i just need a SACD Player). Also picked up the new Patty Larkin, Norah Jones, Tom Waits and some oldies from U2, Dylan, Erasure, Annie Lennox, Elvis Costello. I rarely buy CD's at all these days - too much hassle, too little reward - but i used the sale as an oppty to pick up some CD's that ive been missing.

10. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Paul, all 22 of the ABKCO Stones remasters have stereo SACD layers. It is true that there is no mention of SACD compatibility on the outer packaging, however, it is mentioned inside the digipak. Also note that each disc has the DSD and SACD logos on it.

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I picked up 5 CDs at CC's sale:

The Very Best of Asia (to replace the 3-4 Asia CDs that were stolen from me 6 years ago).

The Best of Basia

The Best of Bill Joel Vol. 3

Allison Krauss - Now That I've Found You

Allison Krauss and Union Station - New Favorite

12. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Aside from the Rolling Stones Metamorphosis, Let it Bleed, Flowers, and Beggars Banquet SACD/CD hybrids discs, I picked up the following CDs for $9.99 each yesterday:
    * Norah Jones Come Away With Me
    * Diana Krall Live in Paris
    * Nickel Creek This Side
    * Alison Krauss Forget About It
    I am very pleased with my haul. [​IMG]
    By the way, I wonder what music sales at Circuit City will be like today as compared to yesterday. [​IMG]

13. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

I picked up:

Diana Krall - Live in Paris
    Phil Collins - Testify
    Alanis Morissette - Under rug swept

I wanted a bunch more, like the remasters of the early Chicago albums!!

But since i was somewhat on a budget, those were my picks

Paul

14. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

Oh, we get to list what we bought? Cool. [​IMG]
    Cousteau - Sirena (comes with a bonus DVD)
    Jerry Garcia & David Grisman - Grateful Dawg soundtrack
    Michael Houser - Door Harp
    Mary Lee's Corvette - Blood on the Tracks
    John Prine - In Spite Of Ourselves
    Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense: Special New Edition
    Tom Waits - Used Songs: 1973-1980 (probably should have started with an album, not a Best of, but I can always sell it later if I want the albums.)
    Neil Young - Live Rust
    Warren Zevon - Genius: The Best of Warren Zevon
    and finally The White Stripes - White Blood Cells with the bonus DVD even though I already own the CD. [​IMG] Guess I should eBay that one.
    Not a bad haul since most of those CDs have an MRSP above $17.

15. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

16. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Paul (or anyone),
    How is the new Phil Collins album? Is it typical Collins (that's not a bad thing) or is it something different (not necessarily bad either)?
    Greg,
    I get a lot of good information over on Hoffman's forum regarding the sound quality of various releases, old and new. In fact, I have been meaning to post a question over there regarding the sound quality of various recent remasters, primariliy two-disc compilations. I should do that now before I forget. [​IMG]