What's new

Black Friday 2009 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Joseph DeMartino

I think I'll brave Walmart to score a $78 Magnavox Blu Ray player. Cheap way to put a toe into the BD waters (that and Netflix) without busting this year's very tight budget.

Regards,

Joe
Good luck with that. They'll probably have about 5 of them in the store.

That's why I don't bother with Black Friday sales, there are usually only a handful of the items available for the good sales and you have to kick, hack, and trample your way to the front of the crowd to get them.

I'd rather sleep in and experience all the reports of "unfortunate and unexpected" crowd injuries via the news.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

Not necessarily, last year Wal Mart had a similar sale going on and they had about 40-50 of them stacked up in the aisle, the key is to get there way early, position yourself where they are (don't move at all costs) and when they give the go ahead haul ass and grab one lol.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Joe, if you can spare an additional $21 you can get a much better Blu Ray player at Best Buy, the Insignia NS-L4Q120-1GA. This one has Netflix streaming and is internet ready, unlike the Magnavox.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

That's why I don't bother with Black Friday sales, there are usually only a handful of the items available for the good sales and you have to kick, hack, and trample your way to the front of the crowd to get them.
In my modest three years of BF shopping, I've always gotten what I wanted, though sometimes it was the last available. So while I've never tried to get the $99 60" Plasma :) I've found many other deals worthwhile and available.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
My Wal-Mart has 2 or 3 pallets full of the $78 Blu-Ray's - hopefully your's will as well. I personally want to get a PS3, but I'm not sure how many there are.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Forget waiting in line for a crap player. Newegg has the LG now through Sunday on their lack friday sale for $98 ;)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882005047

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I went shopping on Black Friday but I did it online...Amazon.com had some pretty good deals on Garmin nuvi GPSs... Although I didn't really get online early, I got a nuvi 285WT for like $130 shipped.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks