What's new

BLACK CHRISTMAS- ThE iMmOrTaL cLaSsIc (Spoilers)..... A review and discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I saw BLACK CHRISTMAS on cable years ago, by myself, at night, and it scared the HELL out of me! Freakiest damn killer ever! Those wild phone calls, that insane whispering, and that eye! Freaking myself out just typing this! I gotta go get this movie now. :D

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Oops,I somehow forgot to put that this DVD will be 1:66:1 widescreen, so there ya have it. :)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
The documentary that will be on the SE DVD played the other night on Scream TV from what I'm told. Any Canadians catch it? I heard that it was an excellent documentary, and I'm foaming at the mouth in anticipation of this SE!

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
My whole family gets together every Christmas and after the little ones go off to bed (on the 24th) we always watch Black Christmas. It still scares the crap out of my older sister to this day. :D
My wife hates watching it as well but she does so because it's a family tradition.:)
One of the scariest films ever made.:emoji_thumbsup:

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
The documentary that will be on the SE DVD played the other night on Scream TV from what I'm told. Any Canadians catch it? I heard that it was an excellent documentary, and I'm foaming at the mouth in anticipation of this SE!
The documentary that ran on ScreamTV was a 23 or 25 (can't remember) minute version of the 36 minute version that's gonna be on the disc. So even if you've seen the ScreamTV one (i haven't...don't live in Canada), you'll be seeing a few more minutes of footage on the documentary on the DVD.
Also, Black Christmas is currently battling Being John Malkovich in Round 2 of the "Best Film of the Last 35 Years" Tournament over in the "Polls" section. Surprisingly, it beat out The Big Lebowski during Round 1. For anyone wanting to show it some support. :)
Vote Black Christmas!

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info, Walt! Can't bloody wait for this SE for a truly deserving masterpiece!

Chuck L

Screenwriter
This is one of my top horror films as well. I didn't even know about until three years ago, and I honestly cannot recall a horror film that set me on edge as much.

The movie is simply wonderful in every way.

I don't think that most people outside the horror community would embrace the film today simply because it isn't a title that hands everything to you. For years there have been so many debates over the ending to the film, which I won't share my views here, but todays movie go-er would want a closure type of ending. Thank the movie God's this one goes and throws that concept out of the window.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks