What's new

Black Christmas SE announced! (1 Viewer)

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
On December 3rd, for the price of $29.95, you can be the proud owner of:
• DIGITALLY MASTERED AUDIO AND VIDEO [1.66:1 - no word on whether it's anamorphic or not]
• AUDIO: ENGLISH DOLBY DIGITAL 2.0, MONO, FRENCH MONO
• “BLACK CHRISTMAS REVISITED” ALL NEW DOCUMENTARY INCLUDING NEW INTERVIEWS
• 2 COMMENTARY TRACKS:
DIRECTOR – BOB CLARK
ACTORS – JOHN SAXON, KEIR DULLEA
• SPECIAL FEATURE GALLERY INCLUDING:
ORIGINAL ENGLISH AND FRENCH TRAILERS
ORIGINAL TV AND RADIO SPOTS
ALTERNATIVE TITLE SEQUENCES
PICTURE AND POSTER GALLERY
• DARK DREAMERS INTERVIEW W/JOHN SAXON
• REVERSIBLE COVER INCLUDES ORIGINAL 1974 [ARTWORK]
From DVD Maniacs

JayF

Stunt Coordinator
It would be cool if it was anamorphic. I've resisted buying the current version since it's not, but I'd really like to have this movie.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
It's region 0 according to the website...so I doubt that it will be released in the US, but will probably be easily importable.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Okay, finally found something. DVDFile has a story up that says this:

Note that this Region 1 disc is technically not a domestic release, but should be readily available via leading Canadian online DVD retailers. Retail is $24.95.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Excellent news. Superbly made pre-cursor to Halloween. I'm glad I resisted buying the current edition. I always felt that a SE would be available some day. :emoji_thumbsup:
Not sure about the 1.66:1 ratio though. When it was shown on Film Four in Britain last Christmas, it was shown in 1.85:1 and the framing looked just fine to me. I won't mind if it's 1.66:1 or 1.85:1, as long as it's anamorphic.
The extra features should be interesting.
Nice one! :emoji_thumbsup:
Gordy

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
The film was never shot widescreen. Ever. Bob Clark did not have the money.

1:85:1 was too obtrusive and cut people's heads off, is why they aren't going with that AR. 1:66:1 eliminates the boom mikes and doesn't interfere with the picture.

MVD will once again be handing US distribution for Critical Mass, so yes, it WILL be available in the U.S. and not just through Canadian retailers.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
dvdfile.com is reporting that it's anamorphic, but they have gotten these things wrong from time to time. We'll have to wait for an official announcement.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
The film was never shot widescreen. Ever. Bob Clark did not have the money.
Yah...but movies don't need to be "shot widescreen" to be viewed widescreen theatrically. It could have been matted in theaters like many films.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Like I said, I have seen the film shown in 185 on TV, and it looked great. I always look for headroom in 185 presentations, and it looked hunky dory to me. :)
To compose for 1.66 in 1975 would have been a bit weird. 1.85 had become the standard matting for 35mm by then, had it not?! Here we go...! :wink:
G.C.M

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
Link Removed
This was posted on the Friday the 13th Forum/Message Board and HorrorDVDtalk's message board.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Pfffft - cheap-looking artwork, says I. :frowning:
A pure-black cover with simple white text for the title and the house at the bottom-left would have been stylish.
Sorry for bitchin'. I just don't like ill-conceived artwork.
Gordy

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
Pfffft - cheap-looking artwork, says I.

A pure-black cover with simple white text for the title and the house at the bottom-left would have been stylish.

Sorry for bitchin'. I just don't like ill-conceived artwork.
I think it looks "just okay." Certainly not terrible, but not too great either. The colors make it look like a Halloween/October movie rather than a Christmas horror film. Of course, this point is moot anyway because the *beautiful* original 1974 artwork will be on the reverse.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yes...Dharmesh, very scary. Much like Halloween...only it came out before Halloween.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks