Black Christmas DVD Question...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MarcoBiscotti, Feb 20, 2004.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

I just picked up the Critical Mass Collector's Edition this afternoon, which seems to be the definitive version to date; however I was under the impression that this was supposed to come with reversable cover art includin the original movie poster...

Mine was one-sided and only featured the ugly new red cover? Is this strictly exclusive to the US issues because I purchased my copy from a Canadian retailer and I was sure that I had read various reviews and DVD specs which illustrated 2-sided cover art.

Can anyone explain?

I think I'm gonna watch the DVD tonight and return it tomorrow morning...

[​IMG]

2. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Anybody?

Wasn't Black Christmas supposed to be double-sided with the original poster art on the reverse?

Does anybody own this DVD?

I'd really appreciate a response because I'd like to return the DVD this afternoon...

Thanks.

3. Arnie G

Arnie G Supporting Actor

Hi, I have the Critical Mass release of Black Christmas that I got from a Canadian retailer & it does have the reversible cover. Maybe they are not making the cover that way anymore.

4. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Hmm... that's strange.

Is yours the Canadian version though Arnie? Sometimes Canadian retailers import US titles... does it have the little Canadian flag icon on the back?

I'm not sure what to do now... I really want to get the reversible cover but if they're not being manufactured like that anymore, how will I know which to buy?

5. Arnie G

Arnie G Supporting Actor

It does not have a Canadian flag on the back. The UPC number is 78854 13739. One of the bullets on the back cover says "reversible cover includes the new stylized 2002 artwork". I can email you a scan if you want.[​IMG]

6. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Thanks Arnie, no need for a scan... I think yours is probably an import copy cause mine has the flag on the back. Looks like I'll be returning this DVD today...

Thanks again for the info!