What's new

Black bar on TNN gone? (1 Viewer)

Did anyone else notice that the awful bottom black bar on TNN telling you which show you are watching was gone? At least it was the few times I checked yesterday.
Did all our calls & e-mails actually work? If so thanks to all & thanks to TNN.
John

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I too noticed this last night. Apparently calls and e-mails did work to get that obnoxious black bar out of there. When I watch TV I want to see the whole screen -- "wink, wink, nudge, nudge"
wink.gif

Adrian_N

Agent
I noticed that too, but I thought that before and bars reappeared. Next time, I won't flip past TNN! Thanks for the tip. :)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
It's 4:10 PM Eastern Time and the black bar is back as TNN is showing "Hangin' With Mr. Cooper". Perhaps only certain shows don't use it - maybe the program distributor complained. Who knows, the Shadow do.
------------------

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I'd suggest emailing them and telling them that you support their excellent decision to get rid of the black bars.
then if they return you can email them again and say that you're sad because the black bars are back.
black bars on DVD = good
black bars on TV = bad
Gord

Danny Knapp

Stunt Coordinator
I'm afraid the black bar will never disappear until TNN gets tired of all of the complaints.
Why does the bar even exist? With Direct TV you can press info to see the name of the show and channel. With digital cable it's the same thing. Even old-ass satellite dishes can do that. Read the TV guide if you don't know the name of the show.
Truthfully, we don't need the bar. It's simply a waste and blocks the picture.
And no...the black bar is not gone. Only during wrestling is it NEVER shown. (THANK GOD)
------------------
I dislike Tom Green!

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I saw it for the first time the other day, but it wasn't on for the whole show (not very long at all actually).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks