Black bar on TNN gone?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Schmiedt, Oct 16, 2001.

1. John Schmiedt

Did anyone else notice that the awful bottom black bar on TNN telling you which show you are watching was gone? At least it was the few times I checked yesterday.
    Did all our calls & e-mails actually work? If so thanks to all & thanks to TNN.
    John

2. Matt Kasprzak

Yep, I noticed it, too. I actually watched an episode of ST:TNG instead of quickly flipping past.

3. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Yes, I too noticed this last night. Apparently calls and e-mails did work to get that obnoxious black bar out of there. When I watch TV I want to see the whole screen -- "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" [​IMG]

4. Adrian_N

Adrian_N Agent

I noticed that too, but I thought that before and bars reappeared. Next time, I won't flip past TNN! Thanks for the tip. [​IMG]

5. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

It's 4:10 PM Eastern Time and the black bar is back as TNN is showing "Hangin' With Mr. Cooper". Perhaps only certain shows don't use it - maybe the program distributor complained. Who knows, the Shadow do.
    ------------------

6. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I'd suggest emailing them and telling them that you support their excellent decision to get rid of the black bars.
    then if they return you can email them again and say that you're sad because the black bars are back.
    black bars on DVD = good
    black bars on TV = bad
    Gord

7. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

Black bars tonight on Next Generation. They have not eliminated them. [​IMG]
    ------------------

8. Danny Knapp

Danny Knapp Stunt Coordinator

I'm afraid the black bar will never disappear until TNN gets tired of all of the complaints.
    Why does the bar even exist? With Direct TV you can press info to see the name of the show and channel. With digital cable it's the same thing. Even old-ass satellite dishes can do that. Read the TV guide if you don't know the name of the show.
    Truthfully, we don't need the bar. It's simply a waste and blocks the picture.
    And no...the black bar is not gone. Only during wrestling is it NEVER shown. (THANK GOD)
    ------------------
    I dislike Tom Green!

9. John Schmiedt

Yeah the black bar was back yesterday evening. [​IMG]
    Start calling again!

10. John Schmiedt

Beats me what's going on [​IMG]
    The bar was gone again last night when I checked during TNG.

11. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

I saw it for the first time the other day, but it wasn't on for the whole show (not very long at all actually).