What's new

Blac level and contrast comparo plus peak-a-boo survey and looking for PJ demos. (1 Viewer)

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

And it really does look like scan lines too ... for a brief moment ... you actually see an odd line structure during this type of movement.

I've seen the 300 a lot since I own one ... and I have not seen the 500 yet, but I have seen the Sanyo Z2 which has roughly the same specs as the 500 and I do notice that it has deeper blacks than the 300. Image is a bit more solid ... but still the vertical artifact ... though slightly not as much.

(The lack of full grayscale calibration controls on the Sanyo bothers me though ...)

Regards

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

And it really does look like scan lines too ... for a brief moment ... you actually see an odd line structure during this type of movement.

I've seen the 300 a lot since I own one ... and I have not seen the 500 yet, but I have seen the Sanyo Z2 which has roughly the same specs as the 500 and I do notice that it has deeper blacks than the 300. Image is a bit more solid ... but still the vertical artifact ... though slightly not as much.

(The lack of full grayscale calibration controls on the Sanyo bothers me though ...)

Regards

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
On the Z1 I saw at a fellow HTF/AVS members place, it looked to me like it was riddled with peak-a-boo until about a 1/4 of the way into the movie, he defoccused it a small amount and then it was smooth as silk. Still looked nice and sharp, but no screendoor and no peak-a-boo. I looked for them but we never saw them again for the rest of the 2 hour movie.

So Michael, with the L300, if you do the flicker tweak and defocus, can you eliminate the peak-a-boo's?

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
On the Z1 I saw at a fellow HTF/AVS members place, it looked to me like it was riddled with peak-a-boo until about a 1/4 of the way into the movie, he defoccused it a small amount and then it was smooth as silk. Still looked nice and sharp, but no screendoor and no peak-a-boo. I looked for them but we never saw them again for the rest of the 2 hour movie.

So Michael, with the L300, if you do the flicker tweak and defocus, can you eliminate the peak-a-boo's?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks