Bjork

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Holadem, Dec 15, 2001.

1. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

I was listening to stuff at HMV and heard "Human Behavior" from her debut album, "Debut". It was so original I got it right away.

But I am not crazy about the rest of the album as I am not really into techno/dance.

What other stuff from her is similar to "Human behavior"? Any other artists I should check?

Also, she has a great voice.

--

Holadem

2. David Albrecht

David Albrecht Stunt Coordinator

Her second solo album... POST and all of the cd singles related to it are all very good. Allthough there are some preprogramed drums within, it does not overshadow the songs or her voice.

The Sugarcubes was her band before she went solo. One of their beter albums... Life's Too Good. I wouldn't bother with this album though until you become a fan. Enjoy

3. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

As a moderate fan of Bjork I like just about all her music, except for "It's Oh So Quiet" and "The Anchor Song". Those songs just really drive me up the wall.

If you like "Human Behaviour" you might like "Isobel" from Post, "Hunter", and "All is Full of Love" from

Homogenic.

Bjork is really into experiemental music and each song could be called spoken poetry.

In any case, Enjoy.

Jon

4. MikeAW

MikeAW Second Unit

Check out the BRAVO "Profile" program on her, it's very interesting!

5. James Zubb

James Zubb Stunt Coordinator

Björk may not be for you, most of her music has a dance/techno feel to it. She has gotten progressively more experimental with each of her albums, so you may want to checkout her later albums first.
    "Debut" is my least favorite Björk album. I still like it but it is a bit too dance for my tastes as well. If/when you become more of a Björk fan I think you will aquire a taste for it as I have.
    "Post" has two of my favorite Björk songs, "Hyper-ballad" and "Isobel". This album is a bit less dance sounding than "Debut".
    You might be able to rent "Volumen" DVD at your local video store, it contains videos from "Debut" and "Post".
    "Homogenic" is when I really get into her stuff, I absolutely love everything on this album. The songs on this album just blow me away, lots of great vocal work and orchestration (especially "Jóga" and "Bachelorette") . She really lets loose on this album so if you really like her voice this is the album to check out IMHO. Your post has prompted me to put this on right now, wow, great stuff!
    "Selma Songs", well I don't have this one yet. [​IMG] I really don't know why either, I love the songs in "Dancer in the Dark", just never got around to picking it up, I should really go buy this... Go rent "Dancer in the Dark" and see that she is a great actor as well!
    "Vespertine" has some really great stuff on it using a choir, a music box, plenty of orchestration and her always incredible voice. "Pagan Poetry" is my favorite on this album.
    You can watch some full length and clips of videos of hers at http://www.bjork.com/websense/frames_videos.htm and http://www.bjork.com/snipsbits/video/paganpoetry/ (latest from "Vespertine" which is a bizarre video and contains nudity if you are a prude [​IMG] )