Bjork Live In Cambride DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert_eb, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Robert_eb

Robert_eb Supporting Actor

I just bought this dvd and I wanted to let you know that the sound is pretty good. It's only about 60 minutes but I would recommend it to anyone who likes this artist. The sound is dolby digital 2 channel. I wish they would have included a dts track like the pal version but I can't complain. I also purchaed Bjork Live at Shepards Bush Empire. I haven't opened this as of yet but I hope it's as good as the Cambridge DVD. I was going to buy the Bjork MTV Unpugged DVD but I may purchase that at a later date. Has anyone else purchased these Bjork DVDs? They came out today.

2. Michael Dehaven

Michael Dehaven Stunt Coordinator

Robert_eb

Thanks for the post, I have been waiting to hear anything about these titles. How is the video quality and what is the aspect ratio? Are there any extras? I am looking forward to hearing about Live at Shepards Bush Empire and Unplugged.

3. Brett G

Brett G Stunt Coordinator

I, too, would like to hear anything about the other releases. I believe she is releasing three DVD's today? Cambridge, Shepherds Bush & Unplugged. I will probably buy them all, but would like to know if they are all worth it.

Thanks for the info about Cambridge, Robert_eb.

-Brett

4. Michael St. Clair

Is this a Warner release?

Warner DVD-Video music concert/vid releases virtually always include a PCM 2.0 track. Are you sure it is a DD2.0 track?

5. Kai Zas

Kai Zas Second Unit

I'm a big fan of Björk, have seen the lady live twice now here in Belgium.

I just don't know what's wrong with Warner. Releasing a music dvd (Volumen) with PCM sound?

Maybe they should take a look at Moby's Play - The DVD before attempting another music dvd. Now there's a great release.

6. Michael St. Clair

7. Kai Zas

Kai Zas Second Unit

8. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I'd like to hear more about Shephard's Bush. Isn't that the Homogenic tour? My favorite album, with string accompiniment. Tell me more if you have it!

9. Michael St. Clair

Kai,

Well, I don't mind DD5.1 and DTS5.1 tracks on music DVDs as long as they always include a PCM track too. There's really no reason not too on music DVDs.

And I think Volumen sounds great!

Has anybody seen these new Bjork releases in any brick-and-mortar locations in the US?

10. Michael St. Clair

Booooo, Warner, boooooo!
    I just picked up the "Shepherd's Bush' disc from Best Buy (where they are all $20), and I just popped it in and find that it is indeed in Dolby Digital 2.0 only with no PCM track!
    A big step backwards, Warner!

11. Robert_eb

Robert_eb Supporting Actor

Well, I've just watched the Shepards Bush DVD and it's a bit longer and has more songs than the Cambridge DVD. I can't decide which one I like better. The Shepards Bush has more of a live band feel as there is a drummer and other musicians while the Cambridge primarily runs from what appears to be a pre-recorded sound mix dj with an live string section. I would recommend both for sure! I'll wait to see what the consensus is regarding the MTV unplugged DVD.

12. Michael St. Clair

Note that the NTSC R1 release of the 'MTV' disc is missing the unplugged 'Venus as a Boy' that is present on the previous PAL R2 release.

13. Randy Torres

Randy Torres Stunt Coordinator

The low end sounds in the cambridge concert are astounding. I had to turn my sub down and still pumping deep bass. Great disc. I believe cambridge is also 1:85 aspect. It's the only one that's not full frame 4:3. Glad to see other bjork fans here. I bought all three cause I had to have them all. [​IMG]

14. Randy Torres

John,

Sheperd's Bush in the Post album tour. Cambridge is the Homogenic tour and does have the Icelandic Octet string's section onstage. A very good dvd.

15. Michael St. Clair

How is the production on the Cambridge disc? The Shepherd's Bush production is low budget from what I have seen...not that it would stop me from buying it, the performance is the most important thing but I can't rationalize buying all 3 at once.

16. Randy Torres

The cambridge disc is the best as far as production values and sound. The colors and black levels are quite good. Good camera work. I have Shepards Bush on vhs and it doesn't look much better on dvd. The sound though, is better than vhs. I wish they would release Vessel on DVD. That is a Debut live/documentary video.