BJ Diary DVD: Worst Menu Design of the Year?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonKZ, Oct 13, 2001.

1. JasonKZ

JasonKZ Stunt Coordinator

Well, I eagerly opened my Bridget Jones Diary DVD this evening only to discover..the menus. I can't even describe how horribly bland and boring they are. They are all done in this odd "art deco??" style that has nothing to do with the film I remember.
    Plus, no trailer.
    Makes you wonder if we have progressed at all since those early Columbia menus. Atleast we can always count on Fox.

2. Wade K

Wade K Second Unit

From the title of the thread, I thought you were talking about a completely different movie. One where the menu design wouldn't really matter...

3. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

Give me bland and boring any day over the sort of menus on Snow White which make you sit through 3 minutes of that damned mirror talking at you. Enough, already, I just want to watch the damned movie. Every time I put a new DVD in my player I pray for a static menu, which does its job simply and with efficiency. Unfortunately, the tech freaks have taken over the shop and these are becomming less and less common.

4. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Lead Actor

Julian, I fully understand your irritation with menus that make you sit through seemingly-endless animation or other noise; these can be fun, but when forced to watch them, they get old quickly. However, Snow White doesn't force you to endure the menus; you can easily skip them with the chapter button on your remote. This works throughout the DVD; even the "walking through the hallway" menus for the still galleries let you avoid them. This contrasts with The Phantom Menace, which won't let you do a damned thing to skip those animations...
    ------------------
    Colin Jacobson
    DVD Movie Guide
    www.dvdmg.com

5. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Wade [​IMG] Same here!