What's new

Björk "Surrounded" DualDisc set - DVD-Audio? (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Manus

The link didn't work for me, but I did check out the site. IT sounds like most of the folks are happy with the set, other than not being lossless.

In regards to the videos. A person on that site said he ripped the DVD sides with DVDdecrytor and there is no physical DTS track for the videos (POST specifiaclly). I checked both "Hidden Place" on Vespertine, as well as "Army Of Me" and "It's Oh So Quiet" on "POST". These video all flag DTS, DD and PRO LOGIC on my reciever, depending on if I choose DTS DD5.1 or 2.0 from the disc. How can it flag DTS, and sound diferent from the DD5.1 if it's not phisically on the disc? I'm confused!! I'm not the most technical fella, but this is what I'm seeing/hearing.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Manus (though not much good news there).

I can't seem to find any serious reviews anywhere of how these discs sound. I'd love to know whether the DTS tracks come close to the previously released SACDs or DVD-As of Vespertine and Medulla, and whether the PCM sides sound as good as the previous releases (and, for that matter, the PCM tracks to the videos).

It seems very odd that the DTS tracks weren't included for the videos. Like a mistake. I do still have one thin reed of hope for this set, that the PCM tracks for the videos are superior to previous video releases. I guess that goes for the DD tracks, as well, as I'ver never been pleased with either the previous-released DD-2.0 or 5.1 video tracks.

And does anyone know whether these are being released overseas as double-disc CD/DVD-V sets, as was implied by one of the posters on the forum that Manus linked to?

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Russell: personally I trust your receiver's audio format detection system more than someone out there on the Net that might not know how to operate/interpret certain types of computer software.

If a receiver's indicator for DTS turns on, that's all the proof I would need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks