What's new

"Bits Reader Will" and his BTTF Scoop (1 Viewer)

John CW

Supporting Actor
I read the news item on the Digital Bits about the upcoming BTTF DVD and "Will's" luck at being able to sit in on the Q&A session with Zemekis and Gale. He mentions several things but the thing that peaked my interest was the "open discussion" about why Eric Stoltz was dropped.

He doesn't say much more than that but I would LOVE to hear more if anyone knows anything. Did Zemekis discuss the reasons why the footage would never be seen on the DVD?

Thanks for any info, the DVD should still be good anyway!

~ John

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Didn't Zemekis give reasons as "embarrassment" to Stoltz and his family?

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
The Q&A commentary sessions for II & III are happening today I believe, so hopefully someone who attended all 3 will report to BTTF.com or somewhere.

Dan

Matthew Kiernan

Stunt Coordinator
This has been reported in several places throughout the years that Stoltz's take on Marty McFly was much more serious that what the character required, with many saying that he simply "wasn't funny" which, for a comedy, is everything. This is apparently one of the reasons why Stoltz's footage from the film will never be shown.

John CW

Supporting Actor
Actually I'm more interested in what Zemekis recently said about why Stoltz was asked to "make like a tree" than why the footage wasn't included (should have made that clear, sorry). Thanks Matt, does anyone else know any more details? I guess I'll have to check BTTF.com!

Cheers!

~ John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks