1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

"Bits Reader Will" and his BTTF Scoop

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John CW, May 28, 2002.

1. John CW

John CW Supporting Actor

I read the news item on the Digital Bits about the upcoming BTTF DVD and "Will's" luck at being able to sit in on the Q&A session with Zemekis and Gale. He mentions several things but the thing that peaked my interest was the "open discussion" about why Eric Stoltz was dropped.

He doesn't say much more than that but I would LOVE to hear more if anyone knows anything. Did Zemekis discuss the reasons why the footage would never be seen on the DVD?

Thanks for any info, the DVD should still be good anyway!

~ John

2. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Didn't Zemekis give reasons as "embarrassment" to Stoltz and his family?

3. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

The Q&A commentary sessions for II & III are happening today I believe, so hopefully someone who attended all 3 will report to BTTF.com or somewhere.

Dan

4. Jeff Bamberger

Jeff Bamberger Second Unit

Not to mention that it says Universal is trying ot push this up to a November release.....Heavy!

5. Matthew Kiernan

Matthew Kiernan Stunt Coordinator

This has been reported in several places throughout the years that Stoltz's take on Marty McFly was much more serious that what the character required, with many saying that he simply "wasn't funny" which, for a comedy, is everything. This is apparently one of the reasons why Stoltz's footage from the film will never be shown.

6. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

7. John CW

John CW Supporting Actor

Actually I'm more interested in what Zemekis recently said about why Stoltz was asked to "make like a tree" than why the footage wasn't included (should have made that clear, sorry). Thanks Matt, does anyone else know any more details? I guess I'll have to check BTTF.com!

Cheers!

~ John

8. Andy_S

Andy_S Second Unit

9. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Whoa! I didn't even know that this car show was in my town! Darnit...missed the scoop! [​IMG]