What's new

Bit bullet the system on its way.. Second opinions (1 Viewer)

william-scooter

Stunt Coordinator
I have been reading along during my building of new home as I have a dedicated HT in progress. The bullet is bit and the stuff is on the way. It is going into a second floor 16x21 dedicated room, step up on the second row of seats, black ceiling, sconces and that sort. Room can be completely blacked out. Half the stuff below I don’t know what it means but it sure sounds cool. Is it strong, does it have weak points, should I be having buyers remorse or just be fired up. Received recommendation and will be installed by certified pros and as is typical, I ask for input and opinions now that its on a truck and will begin installation in 3 weeks.

Infocus DLP Screenplay 7200, TI “Mustang” HD2 chip, true high definition 720x1280 Native resolution, Faroudja FLI-2300 video processing

Dalite 52x92 DaSnap screen,cinema vision ISF approved fabric

Intega DTR 9.1U2 receiver, Dolby Digital, ProLogic II, DTS-ES discrete, Neo 6, THX Ultra 2 certification, assignable digital inputs, 3 HDTV

5 Triad In-Wall Bronze LCR

2 Triad In Wall surround

2 Triad 12" subwoofer InWall

Integra DPS 8.3 THX Ultra 2 single disc progressive scan, DVD video, DVD audio multichannel SACD player

TheaterTouch2 RTI Programmable remote, Infrared or RF, Infrared system

Cabling:

AudioQuestcoaxial digital/video cable
solderless BNC connectors for VSD1
S-Vid to two “F” adapter
Sidewinder audio interconnects
Optilink1 toslink optical digital cable

And a video scaler that I don’t have specs handy but it is pricey...

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
I'm not as familiar with the projector technology as I am with components and speakers, but it sounds like you should be off to a helluva start. I've never hear Triad speakers, but am familiar with them from avsforum.com and they seem like a good in-wall alternative to floorstanders. Also, the Integra stuff is very well built, and I have never really heard anyone say anything bad about their equipment. Those Audioquest cables should do you just fine as well. Good luck with the install!

scott>sau

Stunt Coordinator
They call me Scooter too. A+ system. Triad, wow, you cannot go wrong with them. All other equipment will last the test of time. It is good to have the option to make your room pitch black. Less ambient light makes a better picture, even with a DLP. What have you done for acoustic control to the room?

hitendra

Grip
For a dedicated HT room, I would have preferred either bookshelf or better still, floor standing speakers. IMHO, In-walls are really a bit of a compromise but hey, they do get the WAF, so it shouldn't be a huge thing.

Dave Nibeck

Stunt Coordinator
I hate to dissapoint you but think you have made a huge mistake. Please contact your supplier and have then divert the entire shipment to my house. I will audition through a recommended break in period of say - 1 year - and will advise if it is good enough.;)

MarkSchepis

Auditioning
Wow, you picked up the ScreenPlay 7200, I was just looking into that, unfortunately the $7,999 is a tad out of my range. ;-) Enjoy your theater experience.

william-scooter

Stunt Coordinator
I now have the specs on my video scaler its a KDS LEEZA. I guess its suppose to convert all my signals to a digital match of the projector resolution. An expert should chime in here and correct me.

UHH Acoustic control, I will have to ask my guys. I am 100% consumer.

And I understand that Infocus is doing a $1000 rebate right now on the 7200 screenplay...

I will take some photo's of the sheet rocked room and post for your comments and ogling

william-scooter

Stunt Coordinator
at last I have the photo's of my sheet rocked room. Will update next week as painting begins... they won't let me post a link yet so let me say this with out a link....check out msnusers.com/ScootersHomeTheatre

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks