What's new

Birds of Prey will get a 2 hour finale.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
According to www.gothamclocktower.com the producers of the show will make a 2 hour finale to wrap up all of the loose story threads. Hopefully, we will see the return of Batman. And he can smack Reese for not ever hearing of him.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Well at least there will be some sort of finale. Like you said hopefully batman will return.

Capt

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I quit watching the show after the third or fourth episode.

I applaud WB for letting the show wrap things up. All networks should do this.

~T

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Who wants to bet that WB will box this up and issue it as BOP miniseries on DVD? :D
Not that I was a fan of the show (I only caught the pilot and thought it was a stinker), but the comic fanboy completist in me would probably need to think twice about passing it up...
Moe.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Wish other networks had that curtosy (sic)
Aw, c'mon, the BoP producers were only able to do this because WB cancelled the show early, and didn't rescind the rest of the order because AOL Time Warner might be able to make some money on a show with a conclusion. And I highly doubt that this is on top of the original order; it's probably instead of the originally planned episodes 12-13.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Yea nothingworse than seeing a show you like just end.
When Millenium ended I was praying Fox would wrap it up in a few 2 hour movies.:frowning:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think what the initial poster is referring to the final 2-hour wrap-up at the end of their run in December. Yes, this coming week's show has the pilot running in the 8 p.m. slot (Dawson's Creek's normal slot), and then a new episode following the pilot. Then the week after next, a new episode will shown, and then either the final 2-parter, or one more episode before the final 2-parter. We'll probably get to see all 11-13 episodes that were "in the can".

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Patrick, thanks for that information, I didn't know that. Glad to see that they're at least showing what they've already filmed. Wish it was more though. :frowning:

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I still think they should have given BoP more time to find itself. I do think they strayed too far from the roots of the source material though.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Notice how much they're pushing Batman in the promos now?

They should have just done a new Batman series. What was the problem? Licensing issues?

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I think the problem with a new Batman series is diluting the license. Batman is a "movie" franchise. Smallville works for Superman because it's Superboy, it can't dilute the Superman franchise. Don't ask me how Lois and Clark fits into that though.

They've discussed a young Bruce Wayne series, but that's silly. Bruce Wayne was a tormented child, but not "young Batman". He trained to be Batman in his late teens early twenties. Once you get to that age, you are looking at concept dilution again.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Doing "Gotham" would have made perfect sense. Very rarely in the comics (I can't rememeber it ever appearing) did we see a young Bruce Wayne and his trials and tribulations.

Of course the problem is it would have been all melodrama (Smallville is almost all Soap this season anyways). No superpowers to use, but that would have been ok. It's high time a series came out dealing with the effects of extreme violence on people's lives, (especially teenagers) and this would have been the perfect vehicle for it.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>Notice how much they're pushing Batman in the promos now?
>
Wich is probably why I'll remember to tune in tonight. Although, I've also been learning never to trust promos :).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
In the comics, young Bruce Wayne spent his formative years, after his parents were gunned down in front of him, in Europe, and once he got back to Gotham, that's when he thought he was ready to hit the street and go on the prowl for evil and crime.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Oooh, Patrick, you should know better than that being Batman is one of the longest running series around.

Golden Age Batman? Silver Age Batman? Comic strip Batman? Current continuity? His origins have been rewritten so many times now it's hard to keep count.

If Smallville went by current continuity Clark wouldn't have any powers at all at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks