What's new

Birds of Prey: The Complete Series Announced! (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
What's it like? Are they in costume like their original characters, or is it stripped down to more of an Alias type of thing? Superpowers or no?

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
going from memory... costumes - No... Powers - Yes.

I really enjoyed every episode of the series. And is a set the I plan on getting as soon as it is released. I wish I could remember more details for you... but only seen the episodes 1 time.. when they originally aired. But sure others here can tell you more. :)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Yay its finally on DVD, I only ever managed to catch a few episodes of this in the UK, now will be able to buy it and see the whole thing. And its released 4 days after my birthday so I know what I will be asking for or buying with birthday money

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Romain
I remember seeing a few episodes from this show back in 2002 but definitely not all thirteen. Does it end on a cliffhanger or not? If it does, I'm not getting it, if it doesn't, I might consider. I remember being impressed by Dina Meyer's acting and also liking Mia Sara and Rachel Skarsten.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

While I definitely be picking the show up. They really dropped the ball on the show. The closest they came to being close to the comics and being better was the last couple of episodes. This show also came out during the X-Men movies. So they kinda hyped up the meta-gene aspect and made it similar to X-men in some stories.

I was hoping they would have given the original un-aired pilot. Where Harley was played by a different actress.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I only got a few episodes when it originally aired and liked what I saw, will buy this definitely.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston

I agree. This show, IMO, was horrendous, but there are many people who like it, so for those, I am happy they are getting this set.

ChristopherM

Stunt Coordinator
Whiperintherain - The half-season does not end on a cliff-hanger. However, the resolution of the ongoing sub-plot does feel a bit rushed.

I understand that the producers found out about the mid-season cancellation in time to have the writers wrap up the various story arcs, but they only had 1-2 episodes left in which to do so.

ChristopherM

Stunt Coordinator
The press release says the picture will be 4:3 and the sound mono.

I understand that the original US broadcast ratio was 4:3, but here in the UK CNX originally transmitted it in letterboxed widescreen.

The widescreen composition looked pretty good to me. However, it is possible that the UK broadcaster pulled a "Buffy" on us and used a non-approved format.

I'd be interested to hear if anybody can confirm the makers' preference to have the DVD released in 4:3 fullframe, despite their shooting early seasons of Smallville in 16:9 at the same time.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Yep, me neither. But it hardly seems necessary to honor comic books when comic book companies pay no attention to all to character's stories, changing their histories wily nily whenever they want to make a few more bucks. They also change how they look, their races, and their costumes a lot.

Rick P

Supporting Actor

Then Underworld ripped it off, that's the original advertising art for the show.

Rick P

Supporting Actor

Incorrect...

it was shown on the WB in widescreen/lbx
it was shown on SPACE (Canada) in widescreen/lbx
it was shown on Showcase Action (Canada) in widescreen/lbx

I've got recordings of all three...

it was not been shown 4:3 in the US

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads