1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Birds of Prey is about to fly off my Season Pass

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Scarpa, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Well i think it's the Next show to go . I gave it a chance since I really like Smallville but they have'nt captured lightening twice. I think te main problem is that despite some wild circumstances Smallville plays it straight. It mines Drama from it's plot and enhances and builds the Superman Mythos. BOP is just relying on way too much of the Camp factor, and Perhaps it's because it's trying to be a Superhero show and be tongueincheek. Maybe it's just hard to take relatively Minor Characters and build a story around them. Maybe it's because they throw the Batman Mythos at you as a reason to watch the show but then basically ignore the world that mythos inhabits. Smallville Enjoys the Myth and it also has a stronger Cast.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I'm still watching it.

3. Angel Pagan

Angel Pagan Second Unit

It fell off my season pass after episode 3 with a thud.

4. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

>Maybe it's just hard to take relatively Minor Characters and build a story around them. Maybe it's because they throw the Batman Mythos at you as a reason to watch the show but then basically ignore the world that mythos inhabits. >

Bingo. It may also be because 95% of the people havn't read the original comic it was based on. As for me, there are just so damned many Batman comics, who knows where to start. I really wish they'd put out a Hardcover book with reprints of all the issues. Say, 20 issues pepr book. That might introduce new fans.

5. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

I had heard that the ratings have dropped so fast it was not going to continue so I think it will fall off of everyone's season pass. Can anyone confirm this?
    [​IMG]

6. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

It's still getting decent ratings.
    Last weeks were the 2nd highest since it's debut

7. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I'm still watching, but I really can't blame you. High art, it ain't.

8. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I think It's Not in danger of being cancelled, true ratings have dropped but I think WB knows its up against some tuff competition and will stick with it, it's just not doing much for me despite the Eye Candy

9. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I'm sticking with it. I don't have a Tivo, but still. [​IMG]

10. AdrianOC

AdrianOC Stunt Coordinator

I'm just hoping I get to see it at all!

God knows if any channel over here will pick it up!

11. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Although, I am sticking with it. I am still irked at the fact that Reese, a police detective and the son of a crimelord whose family was brought down by a superhero) has no clue about costumed heroes or villians. He has never even heard of Batman. Not even a rumor. [​IMG]

12. MickeS

MickeS Producer

todd, I agree. Then again, I'm sure they could change that, by just claiming he lied when he said he had never heard about Batman, or something like that. Of course, judging by the writing so far they're good at painting themselves into corners.

/Mike

13. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

I only made it through the first half hour of the pilot.

14. Paul P

Paul P Stunt Coordinator

I personally can't stand the marvel/mutant rip-off. DC super-hero's, particularly the batman mythos, is strong on its own. It really doesn't need to have introduced super-evolved humans with powers, just so it can be like half of the other shows out there. It should be trying to be unique, not similar.

15. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

In this weeks promo they have Huntress saying, "I'm half Batman, half Catwoman". Excuse me? Does that make any sense to anyone?

She's never met her father, and Batman has no "powers" so it's not even true in the emotional sense. Are they trying to say Batman has powers now? I don't get it.

16. MickeS

MickeS Producer

The meta-human concept was introduced in the comic books AFAIK. Batman had no powers, Catwoman supposedly did in the comics, at least the newer ones.

/Mike

17. Mike St.Louis

Mike St.Louis Supporting Actor

I'm a sucker for super-hero shows but BOP is quickly wearing out its welcome. I have not seen one episode that I would call good or even decent. I don't know why I keep watching it - I guess I don't want to miss out on something if it turns outs to be good after all.

I think it's like the people who tune in to Enterprise week after week hoping that it will take on the old Star Trek magic.

18. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

But if you're going to make comparisons between Enterprise and BoP, at least BoP has eye candy for the viewing effort. If I see one more scene of Archer watching water polo...

19. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

Actually it was Trip watching water-polo last week.:p)

20. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I'm still watching it. I just can't get into Smallville. Everytime I try the episodes are all the same. Someone stumbles across krytonite, it makes them do something wierd, superboy/kid/teen comes in and saves the day. It all sounded like a great idea, but I just can't get into it.