Birds of Prey - 12/18/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

For the 4 people still watching Birds of Prey, tonight's a new episode.

2. Peter McM

Peter McM Supporting Actor

Peter
    Thanks, Patrick. I catch it when I remember to.
    We need more credible dramas with sexy female superheros![​IMG]

3. Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson Second Unit

I actually dig this show enough to watch it instead of Enterprise, against which BoP is aired each week here in Toronto. 'round here, my lady-friend and I refer to this show as Bat-Chicks. Too bad I dozed off during tonight's ep, and that's no knock against it; I was waaay too comfortable on the couch following dinner.
    How many eps left, anybody? Is there a two-part finale on the horizon?
    Cheers!

DS.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

It was more of the run-of-the-mill angst, with Mitch Pileggi recasted as Jessee's crime lord father, Al Hawk (after plastic surgery).

More of Dinah's telekinetic powers manifests themselves, and she's taught a lesson in mercy.

The contract kill who can walk through walls looked a lot like Han Solo incased in carbonite in Return of the Jedi by the end of the episode.

The writing was still below average, and mundane.

No one know if WB will show all the remaining episodes that are in the can. (I'm guessing there's 2-3 of unseen episodes).

5. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

That makes two of Dave that dozed off...but I was sick and we had just gotten back from seeing The Two Towers, so I was a little overwhelmed from the get go.

Last night is the first night, I know that I am different from others, that Dinah really got on my nerves. Again, maybe it was my cold, but I really do wish that they would not have cast a teenager in this role. I think that I would have a easier time with someone older, not only cast wise, but chacater as well.

I did like the story and thought that, again, maybe just me, that it was a step in the right direction, but a little too late at this point.

I cannot help but watch and think, wow, three more to go. What I cannot figure out though, is why in the eariler shows there was so much Harley for her to have simply vanished in the last three shows.

I am going to miss this show. No way around it, but damn those writers and what they did...or didn't do rather...

6. Peter McM

Peter McM Supporting Actor

Peter
    Doh! This week's episode was pre-empted yet again by Indiana Pacer's basketball![​IMG]
    I realize that hating basketball is tantamount to blasphemy in the state of Indiana, but give me my auto racing any day!