Birds of Prey 11/20/02 - limping to the finish line

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Okay, now that we know this show is going away, I'm at peace knowing that it probably wouldn't ever get any better given the writing level of the show.

Reese and Helena: Get a room already and get busy! I think too many shows are relying on sexual tension to pique the audience's attention, but it always goes the way of the Moonlighting paradigm if the writers drag it out too long.

The whole DarkStrike/Crawler story was painful to watch unfold because I knew almost from the start where it was going, and that story just unfolded too clumsily to get caught up in it. "Hey Darkstrike, quite chasing your own tail, you scentless hound dog, you!"

(I was really hoping the Darkstrike character would be Nightwing - since the guy looked a bit like Dick Grayson from the promos).

Why oh why did they cast the guy who played the broody shape-shifting alien from X-Files to also play The Crawler?

When did Dinah get all clingy/horny/"friendly" to any new male that shows up in Bab's lair?

2. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

For the show next week, they made it sound like it was the entire night's lineup...is it two hours long? Is that the end of the run?

(At least we get Batgirl before it's all through!)

3. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I think this was a rushed in to production series finale. I mean, 2 hour episode with Batman's return in the middle of the season? Smells funny to me...

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Can you imagine Batman coming back to New Gotham to reclaim his relationship with his daughter....Dinah! Hahaha! That would be rich. Helena would go into a tizzy and become a better Catwoman than her mom was and raise hell with Harlequin.

5. Philip Klein

Philip Klein Stunt Coordinator

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Good grief, why re-run the pilot of a defunct show?

7. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I didn't even bother to watch it last night. I figured its been cancelled why bother.

8. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

9. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I never watched the pilot, so I'm looking forward to next week.
    I missed this week's episode except for the last 10 minutes, I kinda liked that they brought in the X-Files guy. Any self-respecting sci-fi series needs to cast him in a guest role at least once! [​IMG]