Birds of Prey - 11/13/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Woo hoo!

Babs gets some nookie! And Dinah now looks like the actress's age, and not like a 16 year old. These metahumans really know how to mature in a hurry.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

While the idea of the episode was okay, the execution of it was ham-fisted, like most of the writing so far. Too much exposition, not enough motions and actions to show, rather than tell.

I hope the writing gets better, more subtle, less on the 3rd grade level.

3. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

While this episode really brought nothing knew to television as a whole, I thought it was well done.

I believe that there are aspects that could have made the writing a bit better (they gave away to much at the beginning to let you know what was really going on...there could have been a bit more mystery)...I really do have to say that I think that a lot of people are a little hard on this show.

From what I have seen of such fantasy shows in the past that ran for years, such as Xena, Hercules and even Star Trek...I don't think that this show is that far off from them. If this movie was not based on a Batman mythology, then I think people would be more forgiving...

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

That's the thing, I think the show has a lot of potential, but some of the writing just leave a lot to be desired. They should have played the "Huntress goes AWOL angle" for all its worth, and then reveal she was just going undercover with Reese. That would give Huntress a bit more dimensionality (in that she's not pure good, and actually needs a bit of work to keep her not-so-good side in check) with temptation given her powers and proclivities.

5. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

You got it Patrick. It would have been interesting as well being that we have seen Hel not answer Bab's on the caller, if Barbara would have been totally clueless as to what was going on.

Then Bab's and the other chick, name escapes me at the moment, could have been on a search for Hel and what the hell is going on.

Now, those are simply ways that they could have improved.

Now...again, my one complaint...Reese was there with Hel when Dinah busted in the door and knocked the one guy out. He didn't see it? He could not have been that distracted to not ask Hel, "hey, whose your friend?"

(I also thought that this show was to have had a Batgirl appearance...am I wrong?)

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Reese should be re-named "Dunce" because he surely plays one in this show.

And yet, I continue to watch it strictly on the eye candy level. There, I admit it.