What's new

Birds of Prey - 11/06/02 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So, did anyone else stick with this show to enjoy the appearance of Black Canary (Lori Laughlin)? The writing is still a bit hammy (Rachel/Dinah can makes one of those really painful constipated faces when she's trying to express some other hurtful emotions). The sonic scream could have been more louder and higher, but it was implemented for a TV show. I wonder what it'd sound like if Black Canary would try to sing "I Will Always Love You" with that scream. The action scenes a decent for a TV show. The whole Reese/Helena thing is pretty low yield when it comes to chemistry. Reese is related to the bad guy, so Reese has his own personal demons to deal with trying to right what his dad has wronged.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Watched it last night too. My wife is definitely more interested in it than I am each week. It's getting better, but like you say, it still seems to lack a certain "chemistry" to it.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
...and I'm done. I've given it a month, but the show has yet to develop one interesting character, the stories are compeltely standard-issue, and there doesn't seem to be any indication it'll get better.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I am sticking with the show basically because I hate television as a whole these days anyway. There isn't anything else on that night that appeals to me and basically, BOP does.

While it easily is moving very slowly, if it didn't try to slowly develop the chacaters than people would be bitching that it is moving to fast.

The show has appeal, but I honestly don't think that it has much legs because of people loosing interest quickly. I also wish they would have stayed with the original tone of the pilot (original again). I think that people would have a easier time if it was a little more hard edged like the intended before they went soft.

I did like last night shows and honestly I was suprised that Reese's father was the bad guy. So I pleased by that.

I think people are giving up simply because the WB doesn't really know what they want to do with this series.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
The sonic scream could have been more louder and higher, but it was implemented for a TV show.
The dynamic range on TV sucks anyway. If they ever remix it for DVD, they could have more fun with it.

Black Canary must be rusty. First, she lets the guy sneak right up behind her to put on the collar. Then she gets killed in the explosion. That's of course, if she's really dead -- but why hide at this point? So Hawk, who miraculously survived, doesn't keep looking for her?

//Ken

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think BC realized that Dinah needed to be with Helena and Barbara, and her disappearance (I don't think BC is dead either) would work well for her if she wanted to "retired" easily.

I can't believe they are giving Dinah not only telepathy, but telekinesis in her metahuman power arsenal.

Thomas D

Stunt Coordinator
Like Jason, I made it this far but will subject myself to bad television no longer. I can't really begin to touch on all the things I find wrong or poorly-done with the show nor do I feel like wasting my time listing them. Birds of Prey: Could have been good; wasn't.

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
I had some serious audio dropout/artifacts during and just after the BC scream. Did anyone else get this? I'm assuming it was my cable provider. It didn't seem like it was intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks