What's new

Bird Box (2018) (1 Viewer)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
The book is even better. And McCarthy's No Country for Old men is 1000x better than the awesome Coen movie.

The Road is my favorite book. Read it not long after my son was born and it really hit me hard. I enjoyed the movie as well.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
By the way the Kindle version of Bird Box is on sale for $2.99 if anyone is interested.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I LOVED it! It was better than A Quiet Place, in my opinion. One of the rare "you've got to see this" movies that lived up to the hype.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I thought how someone was affected by the creatures/phenomena was pretty straight forward, if you look at the "creatures" it makes you insane and suicidal. Some mentally unstable people are affected differently. That's it.

Talking to some coworkers today, it seems a few of them were complaining about "inconsistencies" with how being affected worked and seemed to think that people were affected by either seeing the creatures OR seeing someone who was affected kill themselves (or maybe they were saying looking at an affected person who cause you to be affected yourself?). I don't know where they were getting this from because I don't believe anything like this was shown or even remotely hinted at in the film. So I'm scratching my head about why they thought this. But it was two different people.

Based on what they were saying I was telling them that it's no wonder they thought there was inconsistencies with how that worked because they were simply wrong about some of their assumptions/beliefs about what was happening. I only saw it the one time, so please confirm for me that my coworkers are confused.

Last edited:

Sandro

Second Unit
Based on what they were saying I was telling them that it's no wonder they thought there was inconsistencies with how that worked because they were simply wrong about some of their assumptions/beliefs about what was happening. I only saw it the one time, so please confirm for me that my coworkers are confused.

I find this fascinating because I am sure that a lot of descriptions of the premise of the movie are just wrong. Many sites include the phrase "The survivors must now avoid coming face to face with an entity that takes the form of their worst fears" as part of the synopsis. In fact my son drew me into watching the movie with this hook. However I am pretty sure that the film does not mention this. Likewise people keep referencing creatures. Was that mentioned in the movie?

I think it is due to the fact that no answers are given to the questions of what the "entity" is or how it works so people "fill in answers". Subconsciously I thought they were aliens but my son confidently stated yesterday they were demons! When I asked how he knew he had no concrete answer.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Well, one of my coworkers who was confused elaborated that she missed the beginning and her brother “filled her in” on what was happening. The first part she saw was when they let in the pregnant lady (sorry, forgot her name).

She wrongly thought they gave her the blindfold before letting her in while we all know she was wearing it outside because that’s what everyone outside does to help them avoid accidentally opening their eyes and dying. After further discussion she now admits she had faulty info and drew the wrong conclusion based on that scene.

The other guy though, he wasn’t in today but I’m pretty sure he saw it in its entirety. Don’t know what his excuse could be aside from being young and maybe not the best movie viewer?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks