What's new

Bipole Speakers Vs. Surround Sound Speakers (1 Viewer)

MODIA

Auditioning
Real Name
Lyle Hawkins
What is Bipole Speaker?
Bipole surround speakers have two or more speakers that output sound from both sides of the cabinet. If used as side surround speakers, the sound is output both towards the front and rear of the room. If used as rear surround speakers, they output sound in both directions along the rear wall. The dual speakers used in a bipole speaker are ‘in phase’, meaning that both speakers output sound simultaneously. Bipole speakers contain multiple drivers, but unlike their direct-radiating cousins, drivers are mounted in the cabinet at different angles. Bipole speakers create a diffuse surround effect so the location of the speaker cannot be pinpointed. In general, Bipole speakers are a good choice for movies and music and are usually placed on the side walls. They are clear, open and musical
Surround Sound Speaker System VS. Bipole speakers
A surround sound audio speaker system means 5, 6 or 7 speakers together with a subwoofer. Bipole surround speakers utilize two "sets" (instead of just two) of drivers (tweeter, Bass Mid-Range) and bass-reflex systems to cover the entire audio spectrum and to extend bass response. Bipole surround speakers have two or more speakers that output sound from both sides of the cabinet. Bipole Speakers do an amazing job keeping the surround sound focused without taking out any sound quality. Bipole Surround Sound Speakers are great for small areas, meaning you do not need allot of speakers to create the same Home Theater sound. Bipole Speakers immerse your home in supreme sound like you are sitting in a movie theater.
a89aa078_bipole.jpeg

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Bipoles are good for movies but I find them wanting for music. I prefer good book shelves used as surrounds provide a richer sound and more accurate sound stage for multi-channel music.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There was actually no comparison of anything, since both sections discuss bipolar speakers. Kind of pointless.
I agree though, since I listen to a lot of multichannel music, I prefer monopoles for surrounds.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I was responding to the statement he made...

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]"In general, Bipole speakers are a good choice for movies and music and are usually placed on the side walls."[/COLOR]

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The only aspect of the original post that was an advertisement was the "MODIA" moniker. And I didn't know that was referencing a store until someone pointed it out in a different thread. The information in the post was useful and (arguably) interesting to a beginner. Even the response that one might be more useful than the other in certain applications was useful. If the original post constitutes advertising we've really lost our perspective. Maybe we should just limit the forum to the 20 regulars and the multitude of redundant posts from people looking for a quick answer and never come back. The moderators haven't closed the thread yet, so maybe sanity will prevail.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Al.Anderson said:
The only aspect of the original post that was an advertisement was the "MODIA" moniker. And I didn't know that was referencing a store until someone pointed it out in a different thread. The information in the post was useful and (arguably) interesting to a beginner. Even the response that one might be more useful than the other in certain applications was useful. If the original post constitutes advertising we've really lost our perspective.
Except that if you run a search of the text, you'll find that it is directly copied and pasted from a Wiki page. the same user has been posting the same garbage on a lot of the major forums in a short period. It could be a spambot or it is someone trying to get some "indirect" interest in their store/site.
Maybe we should just limit the forum to the 20 regulars and the multitude of redundant posts from people looking for a quick answer and never come back. The moderators haven't closed the thread yet, so maybe sanity will prevail.
This isn't that other forum that shall not be named after all...

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
John Garcia said:
Except that if you run a search of the text, you'll find that it is directly copied and pasted from a Wiki page. the same user has been posting the same garbage on a lot of the major forums in a short period. It could be a spambot or it is someone trying to get some "indirect" interest in their store/site.
This isn't that other forum that shall not be named after all...
Well don't I feel silly. Now I say BAN THE B*STARD!

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
As you should.

Actually, his original profile picture was a picture of the store front, that's how I knew it was advertisement. He has changed it since. It's all moot but just FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks